TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/news-talk/)
-   -   What will be the next new show to go? (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/news-talk/2031-show.html)

tekken1701 11-16-2005 02:08 PM

What will be the next new show to go?

Man, it seems like this past week or so, a lot of the new shows(and also some not-so-new ones) have been dropping like flies! What will be the next show to get the axe? My money's on Ghost Whisperer.

lordsmurf 11-16-2005 02:14 PM

Hot Properties
Invasion
Related
Reunion

Bones .... even though I somewhat like this one, it's on FOX

Those are just guesses.

debwalsh 11-16-2005 10:15 PM

I thought both Invasion and Bones had gotten full season orders. Ghost Whisperer has definitely gotten a full season order - they're calling it a hit, the most watched show on Friday nights. Definitely higher ratings than Joan of Arcadia.

I was bummed to read that Threshold is on the bubble. Only 12 episodes shot so far, and they've gotten an order for another 3 scripts, but the episode total is only like 15 or 16 episodes, CBS hasn't committed to a full season yet.

tekken1701 11-16-2005 11:23 PM

GW should be rockin on Friday nights because there isnt SQUAT on Friday nights! I just hate Jennifer Love Hewitt...another perfect example of Jessica Alba Syndrome...pretty face, chronic lack of TALENT!

MagnificentMarcus 11-17-2005 02:34 AM

Hey, Jessica Alba has lots of talent, it's that her beauty and hot bod are just.....! Who needs talent when you look like her!

I personally can't see Cold Case or Close to Home making it!

debwalsh 11-17-2005 08:55 AM

Cold Case is in the top 20. I don't think there's an issue with its continued existence. I love that show. Close to Home, on the other hand, is struggling, which is why CBS is tinkering with what night it's on.

Actually, I guess I should be glad Threshold is moved off the Friday block - come January 6, SciFi's Friday night powerhouse is back in business with new episodes of Battlestar Galactica, and the Stargates - all of which have been renewed for another season, which will start shooting in March 2006.

tekken1701 11-17-2005 01:14 PM

As I said....NOTHING on Friday nights!!!![88]

Tcel93 11-21-2005 03:54 AM

I think it is time to bring back MacGyver! I am being dead serious. That show rocked. Richard Dean Anderson rules.

MagnificentMarcus 11-21-2005 04:07 AM

Numbers (excellent show), Stargate Sg-1, Stargate Atlantis sounds OK to me! Oh, and don't forget about Monk![:x)]

debwalsh 11-21-2005 07:58 AM

Alas, Richard Dean Anderson is cutting way back on his acting these days. Fatherhood and his environmental causes are occupying most of his time. I also doubt RDA would have any interest in doing MacGyver now that Dana Elcar (Pete Thornton on MacGyver) passed away.

Friday's a busy recording night for me - I do record Ghost Whisperer, plus both Threshold and Close to Home, and Numb3rs. And of course Monk when it returns. And the Stargates and BSG when they're first run. And Masters of Horror. Hmm, I was thinking Friday wasn't as bad as Tuesday, but now I'm not so sure ...

MagnificentMarcus 11-21-2005 09:07 AM

Deb, keep me in the loop on Numbers. It's a great show.

Although, if Ghost Whisperer makes it past 13 eps that will be a surprise.

debwalsh 11-21-2005 01:35 PM

First season of Numb3rs is rumored to be coming out on retail disc in February. I doubt it will have the unaired pilot, though. It's strange, the more I watch the show, the more I like it. This coming week's should be a good one, with the return of Lou Diamond Phillips's character from last season.

From the Futon Critic.com, here's the current scorecard so far:

Finally with November sweeps underway, here's a refresher on the status of all 31 new series this fall:

FULL SEASON ORDERED (all 22 episodes unless noted) - "Bones" (FOX), "Commander-In-Chief" (ABC), "Criminal Minds" (CBS), "Everybody Hates Chris" (UPN), "Ghost Whisperer" (CBS), "How I Met Your Mother" (CBS), "Invasion" (ABC), "My Name Is Earl" (NBC, 24 episodes), "Out of Practice" (CBS), "Prison Break" (FOX), "Supernatural" (The WB), "The War at Home" (FOX)

ADDITIONAL EPISODES ORDERED - "Surface" (NBC, TBA additional episodes), "Three Wishes" (NBC, six additional episodes)

ADDITIONAL SCRIPTS ORDERED - "E-Ring" (NBC, three additional scripts), "Killer Instinct" (FOX, three additional scripts), "Kitchen Confidential" (FOX, three additional scripts), "Reunion" (FOX, four additional scripts), "Threshold" (CBS, three additional scripts)

CANCELED - "Head Cases" (FOX), "Inconceivable" (NBC), "Just Legal" (The WB), "Sex, Love & Secrets" (UPN)

NO ADDITIONAL EPISODES OR SCRIPTS ORDERED - "The Apprentice: Martha Stewart" (NBC), "Close to Home" (CBS), "Freddie" (ABC), "Hot Properties" (ABC), "Love, Inc." (UPN), "Night Stalker" (ABC), "Related" (The WB), "Twins" (The WB)

Interesting, Commander-in-Chief was predicted to tank after the pilot by some critics. Oh, bummer, I'm missing an episode of Close to Home ...