TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/news-talk/)
-   -   About Lordsmurf - Faq and Updates (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/news-talk/20677-lordsmurf-faq-updates.html)

JMP 01-20-2013 12:44 AM

About Lordsmurf - Faq and Updates

On December 8, 2012, lordsmurf suffered what appears to be a stroke. :(

He was in the hospital for almost a month. He watched his birthday, Christmas, and the New Year from a hospital bed.

The injury has left him without the majority of motor control in the right side of his body. What we're telling people is that he has about 50% of the leg, 10% of the arm, 95% of the mouth (some slurring), 75% of his vision, and sometimes he forgets words. He has family staying with him, as he's unable to do simple things: prepare meals, open mail, shower, etc.

This is so odd because most strokes happen in 2-3 days max, and are over. This was a progressive issue over a period of 3+ weeks before stabilizing. It's an unusual situation, and has stumped doctors. We bounced around a bit on MS, stroke, infection, and tumor, but thankfully it's looking more like "just" a stroke. The alternatives are not good. Causes are still unknown, especially given his age (more than a decade younger than typical stroke patients).

Worse yet, he still has some swelling on the brain. We're hoping it goes down. The 5th MRI was hopeful, as it showed some decrease, and that's what hopefully gives it away as just being a stroke. We're all praying it will be healed ... or in an ironic use of words, we hope he is restored. Every day we ask the good Lord for healing.

He spends his time in physical therapy and seeing doctors. He has about 5 hours of energy in him, and then he gets pooped. He can finally use the computer for a short while ... actually, his iPad ... but it's mostly to get a couple of TV shows, as well as research why this happened. Most of his time is confined to bed when home, so he's been watching a lot of DVDs. Or at least listening, given his vision issues.

In past weeks, there has been some mild improvement -- wiggling a thumb, moving the arm slightly, etc.

For those that have asked, yes, donations are currently going to him, to help pay his many bills. It's already at thousands of dollars, and they're not even done sending them yet.

Anyway, I think that covers it. If you have any questions, let me know. And keep him in your prayers.

Thanks,
-JMP

manthing 01-20-2013 03:15 AM

oh boy, i'm very saddened to hear this. please pass on my best wishes to LS. i really hope he recovers in time.

Altek 01-20-2013 01:44 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. Thank you, for sharing this information. I will pray for his family and his speedy recovery.

grillgoil43 01-21-2013 12:54 AM

'Keeping LS and family in my prayers!

konfusion 01-22-2013 03:46 AM

wow this is horrible. hope all is well in your future

FishCasserole 01-22-2013 12:32 PM

Get well soon LS, I hope for a speedy recovery!!! Thoughts and prayers for you and your family!!!

davidflecha17 01-22-2013 03:17 PM

Get well soon Lord Smurf.

repeatshistory 01-22-2013 09:37 PM

We're all praying for you, LS.

MuppetDanny 01-25-2013 06:10 AM

Get Well soon LS:)

lordsmurf 01-26-2013 01:03 PM

Thanks, everybody. :)

It's hard. But hopefully I'll get there. I can tolerate a computer for a short while, so that's good.
It's still one-handed, and I can't see well, but I am here. I don't go down easy.

rmehta2 01-29-2013 08:07 PM

LS, i too want to wish you a speedy recovery and i'll keep you in my prayers. Take care buddy, i know you can fight through this. :)

ndbs9u3 01-29-2013 10:06 PM

best wishes

aisle3 01-31-2013 03:47 PM

Best wishes, Lordsmurf. Get well soon. Take care.

Rizzo69 02-17-2013 09:51 AM

I'm new here and I'm sorry for what you've been
through. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

jtmovies91 02-24-2013 10:22 AM

I'm sorry Lord Smurf thankfully my stroke wasn't as bad as yours just very bad headaches confussion but thankfully I'm still alive I will pray for you

lordsmurf 02-24-2013 10:44 AM

Thanks, everybody. :)

@jtmovies91: Yours was probably in the right side of the brain, then. The left side makes the right paralyzed.
We still not sure why or how it happened. All tests are inconclusive.

About as fun as a fun as a sack of wet mice. [xx(]

ninjagirl 03-05-2013 10:24 AM

I just read this, havnt been on for ages cause of my course. But i hope you get better soon LS.

GreenRanger1 03-05-2013 01:11 PM

I just read this, get well soon LS your in my prayers. I thought I had it bad with two reptured discs in my back. Im so sad to read this I pray for a speedy recovery for you.

mcorse01 03-11-2013 08:58 AM

I wish you the best, Lordsmurf - I remember when I first joined the site a couple of years ago and how helpful you were when I had questions. I hope you get better soon!

unixphreak 03-20-2013 11:35 AM

Hope you get better and we are all keeping you in our thoughts.