TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/news-talk/)
-   -   ARE YOU WATCHING ANY OF YOUR DVD SETS ? (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/news-talk/2255-watching-dvd-sets.html)

DAJIZZARIZZA 12-18-2005 10:09 AM

ARE YOU WATCHING ANY OF YOUR DVD SETS ?

I JUST FINISHED SEASON 1 OF NY. UNDERCOVER ... THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS SET JOKER ,... I GOT TO HEAR AN OLD STREET BUDDY'S RAP ON THE EP WITH THE 10 YEAR OLD KID WHO SHOT AN OLDER BOY.

I GOT TO SEE ONE OF THE TWO DETECTIVES I KNEW FROM NEWARK NJ. "IRON BOUND SECTION" IN THE BACKGROUND OF A PRECENT SCENE.

SAW OLD FACES I KNEW FROM NY,.. AND NJ. IN CAMEO APPERENCES. ... NICE.
BUT TO TOP IT ALL OFF .... THAT SEASON ROCKED !!! ... I NEVER GOT TO WATCH IT BACK IN THE DAYS,.. TO BUSY IN THOSE DAYS TO WATCH TV.

THANKS AGAIN JOKER ,.. WELL PUT TOGETHER.

Joker 12-18-2005 11:38 PM

Thanks !!

that show is probably on my top-3 personal favorites of all time. (at least the first 3 seasons, didn't care much for tha last one like most other NYU fans).

Joker

Turtle_Titan 12-19-2005 05:57 AM

I've been watching Becker, quality stuff :)

"You've got Mr. Brown in 1 with something gross, and Mrs Gross in 2 with something brown" :D

aisle3 12-19-2005 06:51 AM

Been watching my MacGyver set that I got from Dajizzaria. I miss that show. Also, been watching the Immortal. Pretty cool.

debwalsh 12-19-2005 08:03 AM

I'm hoping to get started on converting some of my British telefantasy shows from the '80s that aren't slated for DVD release. Back in the early days of the Doctor Who conventions, I got to know some of the actors who'd come over for conventions (I co-chaired a couple of British media cons), so I get a kick out of seeing these old friends when they were young and had all their hair (or hadn't yet grown hair in unfortunate places).

I have to admit that I watch a lot more of the shows I record when I'm putting them on disc than I ever did putting them on tape. I am looking forward to getting my second recorder, though, so I can revisit some of my really old favorites the same way. :>

jenstewart 12-19-2005 12:15 PM

Our family watches an entire series and then shelves it. At the moment, we're going through the Pretenders and The Red Green Show.

I'm waiting on a complete set of Family Matters, so I'm sure that'll be added to our repitoire...hopefully by tomorrow. :D

I'm also awaiting an almost complete set of Dr. Who, but sadly I'm the only one in the family with such excellent taste. [:x)]

debwalsh 12-19-2005 01:01 PM

Well, no one (other than the mythical guy who supposedly raided the BBC dumpster back in the '70s) has a complete set of Doctor Who, which is a great, great pity. I love the Patrick Troughton years, and they were the hardest hit when the Beeb tossed the film cans. There's also quite a lot of really interesting SF from the '60s that was purged, or not captured on kinescope or tape due to strikes. Some of it has been released in novel or script form, and that certainly serves to whet the appetite for it ... somewhere out in the wide universe, some alien lifeform is getting to see the missing episodes of the original Quatermass Experiment. *Sigh.*

BTW, I really enjoyed the new series of Doctor Who. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the next Doctor Who strut his stuff in The Christmas Invasion.

Over the holidays, I hope to spend some time watching a few shows. There are a few that I've waited for commercial releases, and they were granted over the past two years in the UK - the fabulous Star Cops, The Omega Factor (still one of my favorite paranormal series), and Survivors, created by Terry "The Daleks" Nation. I need about a year two to just queue up the players and just sit back and enjoy all the wonderful shows I've acquired over the years.

DAJIZZARIZZA 12-19-2005 01:15 PM

DON'T LAUGH,... I WATCHED MY HONEYMOONERS CLASSIC 39 SET EVERY NIGHT ,.. OR ATLEAST I LULL MYSELF TO SLEEP BY IT.

MUST HAVE WATCHED THAT SET 100+ TIMES... I SHOULD GO THROUGH MY COLLECTION THIS WAY ..LOL

lordsmurf 12-19-2005 01:19 PM

I've been watching a lot of CSI and Star Trek lately. Also Superman TAS. There is no rhyme or reason to how I watch my discs. Sometimes I watch a set the day I get it in trade. Other times it sits on a shelf for 3 years.

Same goes for my own made sets. There are a couple sets I made in 2002 that I've still not watched entirely. On the other hand, the last disc I made was still warm out of the burner when I put it in a player to watch it.

Guess it just depends on what sort of mood I'm in.

cp32 12-20-2005 12:34 AM

I ve watched everything at least 3 times. When you lack cable. You dont have too many choices.

Tcel93 12-20-2005 03:45 AM

I have many, many shows I want to watch, but just don't have the time to watch them right now :) I am still collecting and trading as time permits, and someday, I will get to watch them all!

lordsmurf 12-20-2005 04:07 AM

I have an old time radio show collection that will take me 40 more years to listen to, assuming I listen to one show per day, every day of the year. I've been at it for about 5 years now.

My DVD collection will probably take 10-15 more years, watching one or two shows per day. I've already been at it about 10 years now.

This is why I collected anyway, to stock up a personal library to last me many years. I'm no longer at the mercy of just turning on the boob tube, I can watch or listen to what I want.

gwors 12-20-2005 02:15 PM

This is a good question. I have found that I have leveled off my trading to shows that I actually may watch (compared to trading for almost anything a few years ago).

Like Smurf, I get into certain moods about what tv shows I want to watch, but like many of you lack the time (1 & 3 year old) to watch as much as I want to watch.

Also like Smurf, I have an OTR (& some NTR) collection that if I listened to it every waking hour (18 hours a day) -- it would still take me over 4 years to listen to all of it.

Currently, watching You Bet Your Life & Animaniacs and listening to Red Skelton & Bob Hope.