TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/news-talk/)
-   -   Aside from cartoons/comics (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/news-talk/4158-cartoons-comics.html)

SavageAmusement 07-21-2006 05:39 PM

Aside from cartoons/comics

Aside from the obvious trading and hobby of cartoons or comics-
What else do people on here collection?

I myself also collect Coca Cola items Pre 1980-
And have a vast Pewter collection- But I think my biggest collection is Chess sets- I have over 93- From Alice in Wonderland wooden set, to the Scooby Doo set they made a few years ago.

Anyone else have any interesting collections?

just curious....you know me.

Skuff 07-22-2006 01:53 AM

Not really anything big I think. The states quarters, random artwork, and bottle caps(corona, smirnoff, bacardi, etc..) I'm lining the inside of my truck with them, kinda like a collage I think. Haven't really figured it out yet.

And I collect movie tickets from all movies I've seen in theaters.

markatisu 07-22-2006 02:07 AM

I collect wrestling stuff (old tickets, magazines, toys, belts, videos) and my wife collects porcelain figurines.

tekken1701 07-22-2006 04:26 AM

I collect scifi/movie related memorabilia. I have actual props from the original Star Trek series. I also have a vast collection of autographed photos( my pride and joy is my Harrison Ford Bladerunner autograph!).I have pretty much ALL of the Franklin Mint pewter Star Trek stuff(chess sets, ships, etc).

weevil6772 07-22-2006 04:57 AM

Sports Cards, books.Anything horror related, ie props etc.Music equipment....

wheezer210 07-22-2006 05:54 AM

Money:D

onlyemokid 07-22-2006 06:46 AM

Scarface Stuff, Concert stuff, mortal kombat, artwork, paintings, posters, NYC stuff, Music, Autographs...

cp32 07-22-2006 06:55 AM

I collect Crystal, Fantasy / Movie Related items / comic related figures, from my Fairies , Dragons, Porcelain dolls to my TreeBeard candle from 79 ' Made By wood & Wax Inc ( Nope will never part with it . Dont ask LOL ) , original knot knoggins from late 80's , videos VIDEOS lol , items from other countries Such as: Items my sister sent from Thailand when they lived there for 4 yrs ..
Thai Dancer Doll , MEO Hill Tribe Doll, Burmese Gong ( currently FOr Sale ..) , To Japaense Masks . A little of everything here lol

Now they are in Yodka Japan for 4 yrs. Anime & anime accessories [88]

I guess I m a packrat lmao! [:p]

Pepeart 07-22-2006 08:47 AM

Video games from atari 2600 - Nintendo 64.

SavageAmusement 07-22-2006 06:10 PM

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Skuff

Not really anything big I think. The states quarters, random artwork, and bottle caps(corona, smirnoff, bacardi, etc..) I'm lining the inside of my truck with them, kinda like a collage I think. Haven't really figured it out yet.

I am trying to imagine the state troopers face, if they ever pull you over, a truck filled with alcohol bottle caps :)

[88][88][:x)][:x)][88][88]

Heh

Skuff 07-23-2006 03:30 AM

lol oh I don't think I'd have a problem 'round here...Back in the day I used to see many of them "On Duty" on the weekends at parties that they're supposed to look for and bust, they come by and get Sh*tfaced with everyone there lol...there's quite a few things you could use as "leverage" against the police 'round here.

GreenRanger1 07-23-2006 03:55 AM

I collect Action figures, espcially Power Ranger toys, I also have a lot of Batman, and Ive started collecting the avatar toys too.

DAN_D 07-23-2006 09:13 AM

i used to collect Baseball, Basketball, and Fotball cards into my early 20's. I've since (recently) gottem into the R/C hobby. The R/C hobby is far more expensive than the sports card collecting (generally), but I guess the older one gets the more expensive their hobbies/interests become.

Neuroslicer 07-27-2006 07:12 AM

Don't know if you'd call it collecting... but I collect live coral (I'm into salt water coral reef keeping).

here's a pic:

http://www.rhodes.edu/biology/blundon/diversions.htm

wayshway 07-30-2006 06:41 PM

I collect bootleg music CD's. Especially Rush. I've been trading music since 1983.