TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/news-talk/)
-   -   Question For Those on This Board....Advice.... (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/news-talk/474-question-board-advice.html)

mhadley 06-30-2005 08:52 AM

Question For Those on This Board....Advice....

Okay, I am having a problem with my neighbors tree blocking my Sat signal to my local channels and some of my other features (Directtv) and the landlord at the neighbors house REFUSES to let the tree be trimmed and I could use some advice (in the fall and winter it's not a problem, no leaves so the signal is fine).

The Landlord over there has a reputation of being a world class asshole (I have heard from others that dealt with him, that he likes to be dick just to be a dick) and seems to be enjoying the fact that his property is screwing with something I am paying $80 a month for.

My question is, is there a legal way I can force him to trim (and keep trimmed) the offending tree?

Oh and I already had Directtv out here and the dish can't be moved.

Thanks for any help anyone can be.

MagnificentMarcus 06-30-2005 11:30 AM

No really, unless it invokes safety issues or violates city, state or federal land use or zoning codes or ordinances. Example- is this tree obstructing traffic, a hazard, etc. Unfortunately, your view to the tower or satelite is not usually protected by law. I would suggest getting a pre-paid legal membership (usually $16.00 a month) to discuss the issue with an attorney who may be familar with your city or states ordinances or codes. I would also check with your installer or the servicing company they may have an insight to the situation as weel as knowledge of a similar or a prior situation at your location.

Of course, hypothetically speaking or writing if you really want to get even you could find some poisonous hericide spikes and plant them near the tree's roots. I would find out the type of tree and do some research, some hericides can make short work of a tree or whatever your trying to kill. The city will make a landowner remove a dead tree or remove it themselves if it is on or near a street and charge them for doing it.

allaboutduncan 06-30-2005 01:18 PM

LMAO!!!

Quote:

quote:you could find some poisonous hericide spikes and plant them near the tree's roots

battle7 06-30-2005 01:52 PM

I know you said that the dish couldn't be moved, but can it be put up higher to clear the line of sight from any obstructions,as time goes on if the tree grows, it will completely block out your signal, leaves or no leaves if it hasn't fully matured.

if not, salt water works wonders

MagnificentMarcus 06-30-2005 01:54 PM

What can I say, I meant herbicide. Spelling and typing are not my strong point. It is an option for dealing with an A-HOLE!

jpklcapp 06-30-2005 03:05 PM

Marcus you have a mean streak .... I like it! Spike the tree Spike the tree - lets print up tshirts and make it a movement - too bad it wasn;t during a better year - something like 93 or 2003 - then it would be "spike the tree in 93" that would sound better but what the heck!

lordsmurf 06-30-2005 03:46 PM

A neighbor of mine keyed my car some years back.
Cops said I didn't have enough proof.

In turn, "somebody" poisoned her yard.
Within a week, she had brown grass and a mudhole.
A friend then "accidentally" did a donut in her yard with a 4x4.
Cops said she didn't have enough proof.

I'm a nice guy, but don't screw with me.

MagnificentMarcus 06-30-2005 04:23 PM

Don't put a metal spike in a tree, someone could get hurt if they have to cut it down and hit that spike with a chain saw. The treehuggers do that all the time out here and people can get hurt. I meant kill the tree by poisoning it. Of course, I was just speaking hypothetically. I've never had to desire to do such a thing, but if I did???

It does make me wonder now if the tree is such a obtrusive object if there might be an ordinance regarding how tall a tree can be or how far the branches can reach from the truck.Most cities have such ordinances.

LS= Nice Guy????? You're avatar a little blue guy????

MagnificentMarcus 06-30-2005 05:21 PM

Geez- I meant trunk!

wayshway 07-04-2005 12:35 AM

Maybe he'll accidently have his power shut off and a padlock put on the powerbox. Maybe he'll have a waterhose in his front door mailbox. [88] Gee, all this conversation seems like I heard somewhere else before. [:u]

DAJIZZARIZZA 07-04-2005 03:03 AM

SET THE TREE ON FIRE ... THEY WILL HAVE TO CUT IT DOWN AFTER ,.. PLUS YOU WILL SCARE THE HELL OUT OF HIM TOO .
JUST A SMALL SUGESTION .