TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/news-talk/)
-   -   EBAY IRRITATES AGAIN (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/news-talk/8805-ebay-irritates-again.html)

SavageAmusement 09-07-2008 01:36 AM

EBAY IRRITATES AGAIN

Ok- so I listed a couple dvd sets (retail sets) i had watched, and was done with.
No trade value, just wanted a few bucks for them to clear a shelf.

Anyhow, so one I listed is season 1 of E.R I've watched it twice-
I list it, and get to shipping price and choose 2 options.
1 Priority flat rate for 5.15 with tracking, it barely fits, but fits in an envelope-
OR padded envelope, first class/parcel- for 3.50

So I go to click ok- and I get a message from ebay. that starting October first, there are no OPTIONS.
All items will be shipped FLAT rate, or at flat rate fees- you won't be able to ENTER a cost- it will be done automatically, by what you listed.

Now this may sound like an ok thing, if people have ripped you off on shipping, but being forced to do flat rate compared to parcel post will suck.
And they have removed media mail as an option due to 'excessive shipping lenghts"

So that lot of 150 cds that I sold 3 weeks ago, that went for 25.00 about, would be around 80.00 divided into flat rate boxes.

MORE BS MORE BS MORE BS>

wayshway 09-07-2008 08:45 PM

Yeah, pretty Fecked up there.
I got that notice a couple of weeks ago when I sold my Shield boxsets.

I'm just going to have to ship media.

And you wonder why they are down 30 percent. [88][88][88]

SavageAmusement 09-08-2008 02:50 AM

I don't wonder, I am curious why people are still putting up with it.
You can't force people to do this, they have to stand up to this crap.

the fact is, MEDIA mail is the only logical way to send some items.
Flat rate is great, sure sure- don't get me wrong.
But that doesn't mean other methods aren't out there.
Between what you pay to list, what you lose to Ebay- if it starts COSTING people to ship- they are going to lose a lot more.
It isn't like they don't have competition- new sites are coming up -
Ebay was greedy, now they are just gluttonous.

stoogedog 09-08-2008 03:31 AM

hi, yea ebay tends to forget the "meat" of their business. no sellers means no buyers. the way i understand the notice about mailing fees is that they are talking about a flat set fee and not flat rate priority mailing. the message i see when listing an item in dvds is that starting october the max fee for 1 dvd to be mailed would be set at a maximum of $3.00. thanks stoogedog

konfusion 09-08-2008 04:28 AM

dang i would have bought er season 1. i want that one

wayshway 09-08-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by SavageAmusement

I don't wonder, I am curious why people are still putting up with it.
You can't force people to do this, they have to stand up to this crap.

the fact is, MEDIA mail is the only logical way to send some items.
Flat rate is great, sure sure- don't get me wrong.
But that doesn't mean other methods aren't out there.
Between what you pay to list, what you lose to Ebay- if it starts COSTING people to ship- they are going to lose a lot more.
It isn't like they don't have competition- new sites are coming up -
Ebay was greedy, now they are just gluttonous.

Heh heh ..I don't mean you wondering why. I mean that in general and sarcastically. :D

SavageAmusement 09-09-2008 03:53 AM

Oh, I took it sarcastically.
I guess the other issue to me, is TOO many changes, at once- I know people are being left confused and irritated.

And as far as the maximum to send something, my receipt for sending the ER set to Arizone (that is who won) it shipped for 3.28

So their FLAT RATE didn't , or wouldn't have covered it-

No granted I had charged 3.50- but I used the extra 20 cents to go towards tracking.
Their allowance, I would have lost 30 cents. And sure on one pacakge, pft- 30 cents but if your a heavy lister-

So their research for weight and shipping isnt' accurate anyhow

JonathanEntertainment 09-09-2008 06:10 AM

Well paypal has a thing now as well depending on the auction and the person they are now holding money till the buyer gets the item. Which means they can either say they never got it and get there money and the item or it will work great not sure on it yet. It has something to do with ebay and paypal