TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/news-talk/)
-   -   Mame arcade help (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/news-talk/9625-mame-arcade.html)

ty3 06-18-2009 11:23 AM

mame arcade help

i am trying to use a controller for my computer to play mame arcade games i have with easy mame. my roms run off dvds because i don't have enough room on my hardrive to store them all. in the configuration it will let me setup the controls with my keyboard. it won't let me use the controller to setup any buttons. does anyone know of a way i can get my controller to work with this?

bigk181 06-18-2009 11:54 AM

What version do you have? I have MAME32 version 0.56. I use an X-Arcade controller with MAME. Are you talking about the options screen that comes up when you push tab while running a game? If you select "Input (general)" using the Ctrl button, you will be able to scroll the menu and setup the buttons on your controller.

It's also possible that since your playing them from a DVD, you might not be able to save the configuration. It might work if you're using a DVD-RW and playing it on a DVD burner but I don't know for sure.

lordsmurf 06-19-2009 10:39 AM

It would probably not work on DVD-RW, maybe not even DVD-RAM.

I assume the MAME software is on the hard drive.

I would suggest copying one game to the hard drive, and then trying to play it. Maybe what bigk181 says is true.

I play MAME on XBOX, using MAMEoX. It works great, although sometimes some games crash, wanting more RAM than the XBOX has available.

bigk181 06-19-2009 12:12 PM

My MAME software is on my hard drive and I don't have this problem.

Tranzor 06-22-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordsmurf (Post 48272)
It would probably not work on DVD-RW, maybe not even DVD-RAM.

I assume the MAME software is on the hard drive.

I would suggest copying one game to the hard drive, and then trying to play it. Maybe what bigk181 says is true.

I play MAME on XBOX, using MAMEoX. It works great, although sometimes some games crash, wanting more RAM than the XBOX has available.

you should also be running coinops ignite at this point, though it filters the games down to actual workable ones (about 1000 or so), but adds a few more that did not work in mameox too well and also adds in lightgun controller use which was missing in mameox

I just dled a massive complete roms for mame ver 131. 200 meg archives and their is a 100 of them. I am assuming it has the chd files because unrared this baby is over 100 gigs in size

TY3,
you usually have to configure the controller per game you are playing (after the game starts, tab button on the keyboard)). Try another frontend for mame. It sounds like your mame is not keeping your controller config after you put it in.

Tranzor 06-23-2009 11:12 PM

I have no idea what I was talking about in the post above. The 100 file archive for mame 131 came out to about 20 gigs, not 100 something