Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Select delivery location

The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now In Living Color! (1 Disc) [Blu-ray]

3.7 3.7 out of 5 stars 15 ratings

Additional Blu-ray, Blu-ray options Edition Discs
Price
New from Used from
Blu-ray, Blu-ray
March 2, 2017
Format Blu-ray
Contributor Carl Reiner, Larry Mathews, Ann Morgan Guilbert, Morey Amsterdam, Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Rose Marie, Jerry Paris See more
Language English
Number Of Discs 1
Runtime 45 minutes

Product Description

Bring home the network special: The Dick Van Dyke Show…Now In Living Color!, a presentation of two cherished episodes “That’s My Boy??” and “Coast To Coast Big Mouth” that aired on CBS in December 2016. Also included as special features are the original network versions of the two episodes, both colorized and in the original black and white — plus! a new conversation with Dick Van Dyke and Carl Reiner. That’s My Boy?? (Original Airdate: 9/25/1963) As Rob and Laura host a dinner party with a few friends, Rob recalls the hectic days after their son, Ritchie, was born, when he was sure the hospital had given him and Laura the wrong baby. Coast to Coast Big Mouth (Original Airdate: 9/15/1965) Laura Petrie blurts out a top secret on a national television quiz show, revealing that comedian Alan Brady wears a toupee.

Product details

• Aspect Ratio ‏ : ‎ 1.33:1
  • Product Dimensions ‏ : ‎ 6.75 x 5.5 x 0.5 inches; 1.59 ounces
  • Media Format ‏ : ‎ Blu-ray
  • Run time ‏ : ‎ 45 minutes
  • Release date ‏ : ‎ March 2, 2017
  • Actors ‏ : ‎ Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Rose Marie, Morey Amsterdam, Larry Mathews
  • Producers ‏ : ‎ Carl Reiner
  • Studio ‏ : ‎ CBS HOME ENTERTAINMENT
  • ASIN ‏ : ‎ B01LTI087Q
  • Number of discs ‏ : ‎ 1
  • Customer Reviews:
    3.7 3.7 out of 5 stars 15 ratings

Customer reviews

3.7 out of 5 stars
3.7 out of 5
15 global ratings

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on March 8, 2017
I have loved The Dick Van Dyke Show ever since I was first introduced to it. And even though I do love the black and white, especially the Blu-Ray remastered release. I have always wanted to see an episode in color.

Since it was never filmed in color, colorization was my best bet. There was a colorization test on the Blu-Ray boxed set. It looked pretty good, but the colors were not completely accurate, and it was only just a clip.

It a great to have two full episodes in beautiful HD, colorized, and accurate to the show.

The packaging for mine (Blu-Ray) is nothing to brag about. It comes in what seems a third party case, with an okay cover.

But included is the original CBS realase of the two episodes, shown on CBS in December. Also is both episodes in their entirety, in HD. But also a fantastic interview with Carl Reiner and Dick Van Dyke.

Although $25 is a bit steep for two episodes, it was definitely worth it, and a must have for any fan of the show!
7 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on March 16, 2017
Really enjoyed the DVD; however, one glaring mistake to report (which could hopefully be corrected): the newly-generated end credits for Coast-to-Coast Big Mouth network version have a glaring cast error: it shows the game show host as being played by Richard Deacon. This is not correct--I checked the original B/W version (also included on the DVD), and it is correct on the original version.
5 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on April 14, 2017
This Blu-Ray is very pricey for only two episodes but I bought it because I never saw the colorized episodes when CBS aired them. The colorization is disappointing and no better than the job Sony did on the B&W episodes of BEWITCHED or I DREAM OF JEANNIE over 15 years ago. If you look at the live audience TV shows that were filmed in color circa 1965 such as THE LUCY SHOW or THE JOEY BISHOP SHOW, the colors are more much vibrant, yet here everything seems to be in muted and dull pastels, from the furniture and décor to costumes. The colorization process has not been improved much no matter how advanced technology gets, so I say just leave it alone from now on!

Oh, and since this is not a factory studio release but Amazon burn-on-demand, the disc did not come factory sealed, but Amazon did put a white sticker on the side on the Bluray case. While I understand this was likely to prevent the case from popping open and the disc flying out and getting scratched, it left an annoying sticky residue and glue stain on my case, which I had to very carefully remove using a cotton ball and some cooking oil. I had to remove the cover art to do this as not to ruin that, then carefully wipe off the oil with a sudsy cloth. WAY too much work when they could have easily slipped a clear plastic sleeve over the case and it would have done the trick just as well.
3 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on March 7, 2017
Just got the Blu Ray today from AMAZON. First of all the disc keeps freezing up throughout the disc. At first I thought maybe there was finger prints on it...but I think it was a cheap authoring and poor quality blu ray. Then I come to find out that the "Network versions" of the episodes are not what I know as "Network Versions," complete with bumpers, original credits, commercials, etc. CBS Network versions were added as bonuses on the LOST IN SPACE set and other BLU RAYS that Paramount did for The Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, etc. These "Network Versions" have the CBS in color open and that is it. The credits are even updated 2016 versions of the syndicated end credits. I am returning this blu ray for a full refund. I would have just kept it, if the disc didn't freeze up every 5 minutes. It is just a mess. Tried it on my other blu ray player and won't even play. The case is a foreign market case and must have been manufactured in another country.
6 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on April 26, 2017
The Dick Van Dyke Show is one of the funniest sitcoms of all time. Hands Down! The cast is perfect. Dick is just a funny man. Mary Tyler More played the perfect 1960's housewife. Always a roast in the oven and some crazy comical situation in the living room. Side kicks More Amsterdam and Rose Marie are equally talented and make the office scenes hilarious.

It is so cool seeing it in color. The colorization is perfect and truly looks as if it were filmed in HD color. It is a very impressive remaster. It brings back memories looking at the living room set. It is the perfect 1960's room and it reminds me of my family's childhood home. Olive green and gold. Mid century styles with very clean lines.
2 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on March 17, 2017
I am a huge fan of The Dick Van Dyke Show having published a newsletter about the show for over 20 years.

There are a couple of points which are noteworthy about this product release.

First, the two episodes on these disks are the UNEDITED, full versions of the episodes - NOT what was actually aired last December. The content that was aired was edited to conform to available air time (which was disappointing to us fans), but these version are uncut! That is huge.

Second, there is an informal video interview with Carl and Dick which was recorded last fall and offers the viewer some interesting thoughts from these two legends.

If you're a fan, you'll want this disk!
23 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on February 23, 2017
A big treat is having the season 3 debut and season 5 starter episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show interpreted for conversion to colorization. But I wouldn't want to see the whole series converted. The most apparent problem is the lack of brightness that these colorized shows have versus shows which were filmed in color in the 1960's. This was evident in I Dream Of Jeannie and Bewitched, where early colorized episodes looked okay until compared to the vivid filmed in color later seasons, which were striking. As much as colorization has improved in this century, skin tones still seem uniform from face to face and have a woody look and backgrounds appear like colorized icing on a birthday cake. The season five premier episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show, Coast To Coast Big Mouth, from 9/15/65 should have been the first filmed in color, as that was the season most CBS sitcoms commenced color.
2 people found this helpful