TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   Buy TV: Shopping Deals and Tips (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/sales-deals/)
-   -   Three JVC DR-M100S available today only (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/sales-deals/5406-three-jvc-m100s.html)

lordsmurf 01-26-2007 03:06 PM

three JVC DR-M100S available today only

This the the DR-M100S second-generation model (meaning it does not have any sort of errors).

About $115 total ($65 for unit, $40 to join club, $10 to ship).

http://ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=4988524

Go for it! [8D]

markatisu 01-29-2007 11:26 PM

You can save $10 as well by using the new Google Checkout! Total price is $105 shipped afterwards.

I am debating whether to pull the trigger, I really like the JVC brand (tried several others to compliment my old one and have been less then thrilled)

Tcel93 01-30-2007 02:15 AM

I know, tell me about it Mark, I'm this close to pulling the trigger myself. I think i'm gonna do it, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....

JonathanEntertainment 02-16-2007 12:23 PM

score!!!! [88] I went and ordered!

JonathanEntertainment 02-25-2007 12:09 PM

Hmmm anyone got some good tips for this thing got it in... I heard alot of good things about it. Is there anything settings wise I should do ?

lordsmurf 02-25-2007 02:53 PM

FR180 mode is the best to use. SP, LP look the same, more or less. XP is awesome, but only 1 hour.

The filters to correct video kick in on their own.

Only use VIDEO mode, never VR mode. This means no DVD-RAM, just use DVD-R or DVD-RW.

Really not much to it. It does the work for you, nothing crappy to "work around" on this unit.

markatisu 02-25-2007 03:13 PM

My settings:

Sports (Wrestling, etc) XP or SP (1-2hrs)
Live Action (basic tv shows) FR170 (almost 3hrs)
Cartoons FR180-190 (3-4hrs)

Hercules, Kim Possible, Jackie Chan, all done on FR180-190

cp32 02-26-2007 12:34 AM

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFOr cryin out loud. Everything goes on sale when I m broke lol

Tcel93 02-26-2007 04:11 AM

Alright, alright, I bit the bullet and bought one :D I also picked up a 10 pack of Mini-DV tapes for 14.50. That is a awesome deal.

Tcel93 03-01-2007 11:29 PM

Never again. I bought the JVC recroder, opened it, the remote doesn't work. Called Ecost. They say I have to call JVC, get a case number. Then call Ecost back and get an RMA number. Then I have to send the WHOLE thing back ( DVD recorder and remote), and they will send me another one. What a pain in the ***. Does anyone know a good remote that works all the functions of the DVD Recorder? I wanted to use this for a program next week.

markatisu 03-02-2007 12:54 AM

Of all the things to go wrong and the remote was the problem lol

I know the cheapy $8 universal remote I got at Walmart controls my JVC DVD Recorder as far as basic functions like record and stuff go, not sure if can change the FR mode or program

LS would probably know more

JonathanEntertainment 03-02-2007 08:07 AM

Hmm no problem with mine yet.

lordsmurf 03-02-2007 08:22 AM

Call JVC direct about replacing the remote, and just the remote. Ecost employees are seemingly acting like idiots. Bypass them.

Tcel93 03-03-2007 08:43 AM

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. JVC said they are sending me out a new remote and all I had to do was Fax a copy of my sales receipt to them. I purchased the Universal R7 remote in the meantime. Pretty nice remote, even has learning capabilities which isn't bad for $39. Problem is that it doesn't work with JVC DVD Recorder :( Oh well, it will work nice for all my other stuff, and once the new remote gets here, I can then have it learn the keys for the JVC Recorder as well.

Tcel93 03-09-2007 01:27 PM

UGH!!! The new remote from JVC came today, and guess what? It didn't work. I have no idea why the remote from my HRS9800 works on it, but the one that comes with it doesn't. It has to be something wrong with the machine, or they just sent me another bad remote. I have no service centers near me, so it is either pay my own money to ship it to one, or send it back to ecost at their cost and get a new one from them. I am sending it back to ecost. I don't know that I will ever buy refurbished again. This was the first time, and it will be the last.

MagnificentMarcus 03-09-2007 01:48 PM

JVC sucks, I don't care what LS says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My RCA has been problem free!

lordsmurf 03-09-2007 04:41 PM

Marcus, does your RCA tuner have a whine to it? Mine does on the tuner. The s-video/composite is fine, so I'm okay with my digital satellite, but nothing from analog would sound good.

markatisu 03-10-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by MagnificentMarcus

JVC sucks, I don't care what LS says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My RCA has been problem free!
I returned 2 RCA's and gave up on the brand last month, it was the $98 dvd recorder with hdmi dvd player output.

What a piece of crap, my tuner was grey with no colors, refused to pick up my cable. And the discs were horrible for my editing on the Mac compared to the JVC, Lite-On and ILO 04.

I would stick with my cheapy Lite-On and ILO and my having to unplug it after use JVC then deal with RCA ever again.

You can have your RCA LS and Marcus, I think its a piece of garbage lol

lordsmurf 03-10-2007 06:20 AM

My Dexter, Dennis, Inspector and a couple of Smurfs episodes will be coming off the RCA, so eventually folks will see what it can do.

Tcel93 03-10-2007 06:54 AM

Well, I have to wait 3 - 4 days for ecost to send me an email with rma information. So I will still be getting it. But in the meantime, I wanted one to start using. But I guess maybe I'll wait and see if the new one decides to work.

MagnificentMarcus 04-08-2007 01:47 PM

Is everybody still happy with the JVC DVD recorders they have purchased from this place?

lordsmurf 04-08-2007 02:43 PM

I know about 4-5 folks off CPS that bought these. One person got a dud unit that would not power on, but was able to return it and got a good one. Everybody else had a good one right away.

This is my favorite machine.

MagnificentMarcus 04-08-2007 04:15 PM

Well, I do have a good JVC remote, MAy be I'll buy one and then send the other one in to get fixed. By the way, the $100.00 HD RCA recorder from Walmart sucked. It would only show black & white, not color. I do like my RCA 8300N VCR/DVD recorder. It does have a great tuner for recording VCR tapes off on to disc.

Is that cheap Liteon at Best Buy any good?

lordsmurf 04-08-2007 04:40 PM

If you want a good machine, get
- the JVC without hard drive, or
- the Toshiba XS34/35 with hard drive.

Skip the LiteOn unless you're just on a real budget.

In addition to my 2 JVC units, I use the RCA that has a hard drive, but it has a crappy tuner. However, I only record off a digital cable box, so I never use its tuner. It has a Zoran chipset and a nice 3-hour mode. I've also got 2 LiteOn units that I no longer use for recording, just playback.

Tcel93 04-09-2007 02:57 AM

After the Dud, I am now very happy with the good one that I received. But the fact that I had to pay for shipping to send it back, sucked big time. They should pay for shipping when they send out a defective unit.

MagnificentMarcus 04-09-2007 04:10 AM

That's weird, I just bought it for 86.93. There was no membership fee and I used used google to check out.

Tcel93 04-09-2007 07:37 AM

I paid $65 for it. But was able to purchase some mini-dv tapes at a great price, so the membership was worth it :D

MagnificentMarcus 04-09-2007 04:10 PM

I take that back shipped two day woth a one year warranty-$96.88. I hope it works, I called JVC today about my JVC DR-M10 and they said to send it in for repair. They said there was a problem and they will fix it for free if it is a defect otherwise they will call me. Do they usually fix it for free if it has the loading problem??

lordsmurf 04-09-2007 11:00 PM

"Do they usually fix it for free if it has the loading problem??"

Yes.
But the DR-M100S does not have a loading problem. Only the DR-M10S does.

MagnificentMarcus 04-10-2007 01:37 PM

You guys aren't going to believe this. I ordered it Monday and got it today Tuesday. I was expecting it Wednesday (2 day).

MagnificentMarcus 04-10-2007 04:13 PM

LS, I have a DR-M10, that is why I bought this one I planned to send the old one in for repair. Guess what??????????? This new one is a dud! It won't read any disc I put in it, keeps saying it is unreadable or error. Geez JVC!!!!!!!!!

JonathanEntertainment 04-12-2007 12:33 PM

yea I have trouble with mine and reading discs... like it will say reading reading then nothing. When I place a burnt disc it works every now and then.

MagnificentMarcus 04-12-2007 01:55 PM

I talked with JVC today. They had me reset it, and it still wouldn't work. I believe they said it was a optical problem. So it going back as soon as I get a RMA #. Hopefully, I'll get a good one this time.

lordsmurf 04-12-2007 03:06 PM

Probably a bad burner. It happens. That's a simple swap.

MagnificentMarcus 04-14-2007 08:01 AM

LS, I'm about ready to fly to Tennessee to kick your A-- for making this thread. I've got two JVC recorders and neither one of them work! PLUS, I can't get these idiot at this place to give me a RMA number although they say I'm approved for one. You know if these idiot hadn't of packed it so bad when they shipped it the thing would probably work.

lordsmurf 04-14-2007 11:52 AM

What precisely is not working on it? Maybe it really is working, but you're using the wrong disc, or something inside could easily be cleaned/repaired.

MagnificentMarcus 04-14-2007 02:18 PM

Well the first has that problem that all M10s have, the second has an optical problem according to JVC. Of course, I do have to complain about how they shipped it. A little plastic around it and a couple of cups of foam peanuts. I bet it got the hell knocked out of it. Anway LS, I'm not listening to you any more. Oh, and my Pioneer burner sucks too! z(LOL)zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

lordsmurf 04-14-2007 02:36 PM

You've just got rotten luck.

MagnificentMarcus 04-15-2007 01:13 AM

THanks LS, that makes me feel a lot better!

Tcel93 04-20-2007 12:47 PM

Keebler Elf......

MagnificentMarcus 04-20-2007 04:06 PM

It looks like a finally got a good one, but I need to check my credit card to see how much this thing cost me. I just sent off my M-10 to JVC to fix so may be I'll have two good JVC recorders after the dust settles. Let see two JVC recorders=one normal (Toshiba) recorder. I've always like Toshiba.

PS- LS, I only have rotten luck when I listen to you!!!!!!!!![:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)]