TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   Buy TV: Shopping Deals and Tips (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/sales-deals/)
-   -   Amazon Prime for 16$ In The USA Only (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/sales-deals/7469-amazon-prime-16-a.html)

konfusion 01-15-2008 10:03 PM

Amazon Prime for 16$ In The USA Only

Im thinking of joining amazon prime. But i would like to get a group together to do this. It would only cost each person 16$ and last a year.

Basically, you need 1 person (we will call them the captain) to be the official Prime purchaser. Then you need 4 other people to throw in their 16 bux via paypal or whatever. Once all the money from each person has been sent to the captain, he or she will purchase Prime and send the invites to the 4 other people. Your Prime membership will last a year and can be renewed as long as you all would like or if the group still stays together.

Anyone Interested in joining a group with me? I would be the captain of the group. Everyone would be linked up as a family member/friend.

There is an account that is the "Parent" and everyone else's account would be the "Child".

More Information

1 Account feeds 4 others. All you need is birth dates and email I believe. Nothing major is given out. Its all pretty private. Once a group is formed and everything is worked out, everyone paypals the "Parent" 16 dollars for their share. You will not be added until your share is given to the "Parent". Once the parent receives everyones share, he/she purchases prime and sends out the invites.

Prime will expire 1 year from when it was activated.

All acounts will say prime status and would not have to go through the main account.

Also sharing being in a prime group you are not able to view each others credit card information. Only that specific person in the group can see his/her own credit card information and personal information. it is 100% safe and shares nothing.

All I would need is the information below for the invites

Name:
Email address:
Birthday:

More Information

Fast Delivery

Shipping information for Prime

Free Two-Day Shipping on more than one million in-stock items sold by Amazon.com.
Upgrades to One-Day (Overnight) Shipping for just $3.99 per item.
Two-Day and One-Day shipping usually apply across business days. Prime also offers special weekend and other shipping options for qualifying merchandise

No minimum purchases required.
Members-only 1-Click buttons on product pages.
No need to think about shipping charges when you order.

cp32 01-15-2008 10:30 PM

how many cups of coffee did you have this morning ? lol

konfusion 01-16-2008 02:16 AM

none. well people always post in the calender section about tv releases figured someone might want to do this.

DAN_D 01-16-2008 04:50 AM

I'd do it....but I already have the amazon prime service. It's a $79.00 annual service, I used it alot, I recommend it to anyone who shops on amazon alot, it's also nice to receive your purchase just two days after placing the order (excludes weekends).

MOTUfan 01-19-2008 10:13 AM

Count me in.

Tcel93 01-20-2008 02:20 AM

I recomend it also. I've been a member for quite a while now. It's even better for around the holidays :D

konfusion 01-20-2008 02:53 AM

i already got some people on a different forum since nobody responded here. but if you can get 4 more people to do it its worth it

lordsmurf 01-20-2008 03:48 AM

I don't see the value. Maybe it's just me. I usually only shop with Amazon 4-5 times per year, it's always more than $25 (usually $30-40), and I can wait a week or two to get it in the mail. It's just going to be books, comics or DVDs, not really a priority item. All I'd be doing is giving Amazon a refund on the money they helped me save. My 2 cents.

But if ya'll think it's good, go for it. Just not for me.

Never even heard of Prime until now.

debwalsh 01-20-2008 06:39 AM

The thing I like about the Amazon Prime service is that I used to go through and pull together a large order using links off TVShowsonDVD from their release schedule. To get free shipping, I'd basically wait until the whole order or most of it was ready to ship, which meant a big hit on my credit card. Now, stuff ships as it's ready, the invoices hitting my card are more manageable and for the whole year it only costs me $79. If I bought locally, the tax alone would be higher than that.