TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   Buy TV: Shopping Deals and Tips (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/sales-deals/)
-   -   WARNING! Bootleg Sites: "DVD Box Set" scams to avoid! (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/sales-deals/9907-warning-bootleg-sites.html)

skip 12-13-2010 08:58 PM

The Site DVDHDVD.com is also the same site under the name TOP7DVD.com

firetooth77 10-03-2011 04:44 PM

Is DazzleDVD.com a bootleg site too?

Is DazzleDVD.com a bootleg site, too?

We are trying to order for the entire television season of "Boston Public", and we have seen mixed reviews or no reviews about DazzleDVD.com. We have
e-mailed and called them, but we can not get any response. Do you know
of any reliable DVD company that has a "good quality set" of "Boston Public" on DVD?

kpmedia 10-03-2011 05:23 PM

It's a scam site, yes. Don't buy from there. It's been added to the scam list.

Boston Public is not officially released on DVD. No legitimate site currently has it for sale, for that reason.

At best, all you'll end up getting a really poorly made bootleg homemade set. (Missing episodes, low quality, hissy audio, etc.)
That's assuming the website doesn't just steal your credit card info -- which is what most of them do. They're phishing operations.

It's a show where you'll just have to wait on a release. :(

jtmovies91 04-06-2012 08:38 AM

is it illega to buy copy written material

lilhave 04-06-2012 09:58 AM

Same answer to "is it illegal to buy stolen merchandise"?
Harvey

konfusion 04-06-2012 03:37 PM

yes it is illegal. if you buy stolen property then no matter what it is its illegal. if they are trying to convince you its official when its not and you have no idea thats another story. but if they tell you what it is before you buy and you already know its just as illegal.

ndbs9u3 04-08-2012 10:13 PM

you may want to add bestdvdentertainmentstore.net

cp32 04-09-2012 05:36 PM

I just wrote a paper on this matter lol

jtmovies91 05-03-2012 10:49 AM

Crissie or what ever email she is using

Is noting but a fraud. I bought Passions almost 3 months ago-here are her replies-bad news it was returned and had a cheap box by a wall mom said offer to pay for reshipping so I did it started out at 30.00 then more bad news needed another 20 as shipping from Australia is expensive then I emailed her back and she cursed me so I've had. I have gotten the extra postage back but still out 200:mad:

Clary 09-03-2012 03:17 AM

Coopersjd.com

Based on my experience with this company. I think it's not that bad as what others have gone through. The Dark Shadows I ordered from Coopersjd are not complete upon receipt. I emailed the company and a customer support replied within the day. I was surprised coz they asked me for my desired shipping address to send the missing discs and they delivered it rightaway. I think you just need to talk to the company if you have any problems regarding the orders. They reply quickly and find solutions to the problems.

Site Staff Note: This person is a spammer. Account banned. -LS

tvlover33 09-03-2012 03:20 AM

Yes, but very few are legit. There was a good one I dealt with a few years ago, something like Forgotten Shows or Forgotten TV shows, had more recent shows, but in good condition, but they went out of business apparently. Your best bet is either here if you want to trade or maybe Ioffer if you want to buy copies of shows.

lordsmurf 09-03-2012 03:23 AM

Clary is posting from IP 116.93.45.226 (the Philippines), and is likely shill based on location and email address. It's amazing the tactics these liars and scammers will stoop to. Quite a few of these "businesses" (scams) are run from non-USA locations, including the Philippines. Lots of spam also comes from that country, generally for knock-off products. It's just as bad as China, to that extent. Just a few years ago, as much as 90% of all email originating in the Philippines was spam. In more recent years, it's also been true of blog comments and forum posts. In July of this year, Facebook noted that it was being overrun by spam members/comments/likes from Egypt and the Philippines. One of the crapola companies listed here probably hired some SEO spammer company to try and drop its current Google reputation off of page 1.

To address a few specifics in the fake positive feedback...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clary (Post 84542)
Based on my experience with this company.

And again, these are not "companies" but scams run by shady individuals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clary (Post 84542)
I emailed the company and a customer support replied within the day. I was surprised coz they asked me for my desired shipping address to send the missing discs and they delivered it rightaway. I think you just need to talk to the company if you have any problems regarding the orders. They reply quickly and find solutions to the problems.

Yeah, yeah ... blah blah blah ... bunch of crap.

Not on this site, you don't. :rolleyes:

levibrandsen 12-08-2012 04:16 PM

How do you get websites shutdown?? because the others would have to http://timesforgottendvd.com/ my dvd boxset was total crap and im thinking ive been screwed on http://www.boxsetcollection.com/ im getting another boxset from f*cken China.

tvlover33 12-08-2012 06:20 PM

So where do we go when we want a show on DVD that hasn't been released that either nobody here has or nobody here will sell to you? Ioffer?

Turin 08-14-2013 10:53 AM

Scam Network

I'm glad to see that other people are trying to shut these scammers down. I realize this thread is old, but I think I have information that may prove useful.

Long story short, I myself fell victim to these scum some years ago, and started posting warnings anywhere I could think of. You can read the whole sordid tale, and find additional links and listings of more scam sites on the link below. Some of them mirror lordsmurf's, but you'll find others as well. Here is the link, be sure to read both pages:

www.budoseek.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?24450-warnind-fraud-internet-Scam-please-Read!/page2

My thanks to lordsmurf for spreading the word about these crooks.

lordsmurf 12-11-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

I have found two sites that are scams for old TV Shows and movies. One is thesmallscreen.org and the other is cultvideoarchive.highwire.com . Both use credit cards and PayPal, charge your card or account and you never hear from them again.
^ Emailed to me recently.