Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

09-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Warner probably would have just messed it up anyway.

Quote:
Warner Bros. Exits Masters of the Universe
Source: Variety, September 9, 2009

Variety reports that Warner Bros. and Mattel are parting ways on Masters of the Universe, the new live-action adaptation of the Mattel toy line that the studio and producer Joel Silver have been developing since 2007.

The trade says that Mattel and WB didn't see eye to eye over the direction of the project and made a mutual decision to let the option lapse this month.

Mattel will take back the property and set it up elsewhere. The expectation is that director John Stevenson (Kung Fu Panda) will remain with the project, but not Silver, who is exclusive to WB.
The movie info is still up on comingsoon.net: http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=20609