Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Buy TV: Shopping Deals and Tips

09-29-2009, 06:59 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
About 2-3 months ago, I bought a new set of Mission Hill season 1 from Big Lots, during that big $3 and $6 season box set sale. It still had factory wrap, that I could see.

Today I finally opened it up, and DVD1 is missing.
DVD2 is the only disc there.

I doubt Big Lots has any more. This is BS.

I need to start opening all my DVD sets up right away, and checking the condition of the discs -- if they even exist.

Recently, Gomer Pyle S5 DVD1 was all scratched up and skipped a lot. Rather than pay to return the whole set to Amazon, I'm having a local mom-and-pop rental store re-buff my DVD. Hopefully that will fix it.

Discs are so fragile.

Wanted to rant / share.
  09-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
didnt buy that one from big lots or id help u out
  10-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
It's okay, The Mission Hill release has been butchered + all the music was replaced.

I'm working on my new set.