Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Buy TV: Shopping Deals and Tips

10-17-2009, 04:53 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
I have full run at a mom and pop video store which is sadly going to be closing by me. They have a ton of those old big box Disney titles from the early to mid 80's. More so with films (not so much animated) Disney would release (ex like the boatniks).

I cannot find much of any info and I need to know before Saturday (oct 24). Can anyone tell me of any Disney films that still only exist on vhs or ones that the dvds have been altered for whatever reason? thanks again
  10-17-2009, 05:21 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Arcade Wins: Hexxagon Champion

Stats: 313 posts since Mar 2009
Here's a list I put together really quick. There's probably more but this is all I can remember. Also any Wonderful World of Disney tapes would be worth picking up.

Not Quite Human
Not Quite Human 2
Still Not Quite Human
Charley and the Angel
Emil and the Detectives
Light in the Forest
Littlest Outlaw
Sword & The Rose
Ten Who Dared
Disney's Tonka
Westward Ho
Trenchcoat
Love Leads The Way
Ride A Wild Pony
Justin Morgan Had A Horse
  10-17-2009, 06:13 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
I know Disney's newer version of The Love Bug starring Bruce Campbell was only available on VHS.

Here's some more that might only be available on VHS:
Cheetah
Big Red
The Jungle Book (live action)
A Disney Christmas Gift
Jiminy Cricket's Christmas
Rascal
Flash
The Mighty Ducks Movie First Face Off
and some of the old Disney Zorro movies

I have a Mom and Pops video store in my area as well that I hit up some while back.
  10-18-2009, 02:23 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
Thanks for the info. All of the Disney tapes here use the super old white big boxes. I do know they had a few world of disney tapes (like scary tales vol 1 and 2). Most of the Disney vhs tapes they have are also films from the 70s and earlier.