# Language: English
# Number of discs: 3
# Studio: Paramount

Last edited by manthing; 11-09-2009 at 07:41 AM. Reason: added pic
  11-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
This is Ralph Bakshi 80s series, isn't it! AWESOME! The only version I have of this is a low quality homemade set and almost unwatchable. That's going into the trash now.
  11-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
indeed it is. more info:

Ralph Bakshi/John Kricfalusi Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures complete series.

Bonus materials include commentary by John Kricfalusi, Tom Minton, Mike Kazaleh and Kent Butterworth; three original Terry Toons cartoons (1943’s He Dood It Again with original “Super Mouse” titles, the 1945 Oscar nominated Gypsy Life, and one of the first cartoons Bakshi ever animated on, from 1961, Mysterious Package); and a bonus behind the scenes documentary, Breaking the Mold: the Re-Making of Mighty Mouse with Ralph, John K., Bruce Timm, Andrew Stanton, Jim Reardon, Vicki Jenson, Libby Simon, Mike Kazaleh, Kent Butterworth, Tom Minton, etc.

The 1987-88 series has been beautifully restored and will be released uncut, and the documentary contains much rare behind-the-scenes footage and commentary.
  11-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Verified Member

indeed it is. more info:

Ralph Bakshi/John Kricfalusi Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures complete series.

Bonus materials include commentary by John Kricfalusi, Tom Minton, Mike Kazaleh and Kent Butterworth; three original Terry Toons cartoons (1943’s He Dood It Again with original “Super Mouse” titles, the 1945 Oscar nominated Gypsy Life, and one of the first cartoons Bakshi ever animated on, from 1961, Mysterious Package); and a bonus behind the scenes documentary, Breaking the Mold: the Re-Making of Mighty Mouse with Ralph, John K., Bruce Timm, Andrew Stanton, Jim Reardon, Vicki Jenson, Libby Simon, Mike Kazaleh, Kent Butterworth, Tom Minton, etc.

The 1987-88 series has been beautifully restored and will be released uncut, and the documentary contains much rare behind-the-scenes footage and commentary.
  11-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 862 posts since Jun 2005
I also had a crap set of this but i don't think it even had all the episodes. How many episodes were in this series?
  11-11-2009, 12:53 AM

Oh, nice... John K commentary.
  11-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 41 posts since Sep 2009
Send a message via AIM to TonyDaLoccsta
The Bakshi Mighty Mouse is ok,but i like the Filmation Mighty Mouse much better...

Name:  mightymouse1.jpg
Views: 5489
Size:  85.5 KB
Name:  mightymouse2.jpg
Views: 1323
Size:  87.6 KB
Name:  mightymouse3.jpg
Views: 1731
Size:  79.5 KB
Name:  mightymouse4.jpg
Views: 1782
Size:  83.0 KB
Name:  mightymouse5.jpg
Views: 2412
Size:  85.2 KB

11-15-2009, 10:32 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Arcade Wins: Hexxagon Champion

Stats: 313 posts since Mar 2009
I'm not sure if I ever watched the Bakshi Mighty Mouse toon. I do remember watching the Filmation Mighty Mouse though, but I'll pick this one up anyways.
  11-27-2009, 10:47 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
I would STRONGLY suggest to keep your crap homemade sets until it is truly confirmed that they did not **** up any of the eps. I know when the show was airing one Christian group (of course) protested one ep when Mighty Mouse sniffed a flower and then became super strong. They claimed it was a drug reference and that shot was then removed from the show. I forgot which ep it wa,s but it would be cool if this meaningless shot was restored
  11-28-2009, 03:22 AM
Verified Member

some info about that episode...

it is the episode titled, "The Littlest Tramp".

An episode that aired on April 1988, drew the attention of Rev. Donald Wildmon. This particular episode featured a scene that showed Mighty Mouse sniffing what appeared to be cocaine. In actuality, Mighty Mouse was sniffing a dead, dried-up flower that had been given to him by Scrappy, the orphan. (This was an incredible piece of symbolism: the flower represented good in a world of evil.) Even when confronted with this, Wildmon insisted that it was cocaine. This led to protest from media watchdogs, which prompted brass at CBS to move the show to a later timeslot, only to cancel it shortly thereafter.

If you watch the cartoon, wait for him to say these words: "I know someone else like that". You should immediately see the pink powder fly up his nose. If you see Mighty staring at a fire or something else, the scene is missing.
  11-28-2009, 04:34 AM

Those TVLand shots above look better than my set, I'd be interested in that one, even. Especially if it's less cut than the release.