Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

11-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Dodge Ball Champion
Stats: 658 posts since Jul 2008
I was excited to find out that Mighty Morphin Power Rangers will be airing on ABC Kids starting in January 2010. They will be showing remastered episodes with a new logo. I don't like that they're using a different logo but I still plan on watching and recording the show. Since they're using a different logo, I will keep the set separate from the MMPR set that I have instead of replacing it. Considering that there are 155 episodes, I calculated that it will take over 3 years to air all of them if they only air them once a week. That's assuming that they air them every week without a break of a few months between seasons. I wonder if they will air the unaired pilot and the movie.

I first found out about it in a news story about Power Rangers R.P.M. Volume 3 and 4. That story had a link to a news story on the Bandai website.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Pow...-3-and-4/12825

Quote:
Sneak Peek of January's return to ABC Saturday Mornings of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers...which has been described as a return (rebroadcast) of the original 1993 series...remastered and with a new logo (and a new toy line in time for Christmas, which is what the promo DVD's preview actually shows, rather than the TV re-broadcasts). Who knows; maybe these reruns will finally lead to some Morphin' season sets in the USA (since they've been available overseas for a while)?
http://www.bandai.com/blog/press-release/mighty-morphin

Quote:
Bandai America Rotating Header Image
PRESS RELEASE: Bandai America Powers Up Like It’s 1993; Brings Back Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in New Toy Line
Oct 1st, 2009
by admin.

Bandai America Powers Up Like It’s 1993; Brings Back Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in New Toy Line

Fans and Families Can Celebrate Pop Culture Phenomenon with “Power Up Video Challenge” Contest; Over $11,000 In Cash Prizes Up For Grabs

(CYPRESS, CA – October 1, 2009) – Go! Go! Get your Power Morphers – it’s Morphin’ time! Bandai America will bring the best-selling Power Rangers toy line back to its intergalactic, prehistoric roots with the “five teenagers with attitude” that started it all in a new collection of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers toys. The inaugural and most recognizable of 15 Power Rangers themes, this powered up Mighty Morphin line will feature both fresh and nostalgic play and collection experiences. Including action figures, vehicles, Megazords and role-play items aligned with the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers TV series premiering Saturday mornings January, 2010 on ABC Kids; the highly anticipated toys will begin to arrive at retail by the end of this year.

As the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers took over the air waves – and your brain waves – in 1993 they made an unforgettable impact on pop culture. Showing that heroes come in every color, teamwork conquers all, and girls really can rule (unfortunately for good and evil), they took entertainment and play-time by storm. With three TV seasons, a motion picture and thousands of toys, the Power Rangers have spent 17 straight years in the top ten best-selling boys’ action figure brands in the US according to The NPD Group.

“The original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers captivated the country in 1993, and many kids who played with the toys now have children of their own,” said Tim Wills Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, of Bandai America Incorporated, “Families can experience their ‘morphin’ time’ once again as a whole new generation of kids are introduced to the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers toys.”

“I’m tickled pink to have had the opportunity to be a part of this juggernaut children’s action series and brand,” says Paul Schrier, former Mighty Morphin actor and director, “The good-natured humor and strong messages of teamwork and friendship really hit home with audiences everywhere and I can’t wait to see what’s next from this fountain of heroic action!”

To kick off the refreshed toy line, fans and families will get ready to battle not only for the salvation of the universe, but also for $11,000 in cash prizes in Bandai America’s “Power Up Video Challenge” contest. Consumers will be challenged to view a Power Rangers “cliffhanger video” online or at one of more than 2,000 movie theatres in the U.S., and then submit their own unique ending in a mini-movie or story-board at Bandai.com. Selected by both peers and a judging panel, the winning video and story-board entries will receive $10,000 and $1,000 in cash prizes respectively. Participants learn more and enter to win between October 1 and December 15 at www.Bandai.com.
New Logo

Last edited by bigk181; 11-20-2009 at 10:54 PM.
  11-21-2009, 12:45 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I'm not a PR fan, but it is nice to see old shows getting re-runs again.