11-22-2009, 04:34 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
YIKES!

from http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...ory?id=4655884

Quote:
Dana White: No return in sight for ill Lesnar

MANCHESTER, England -- Brock Lesnar will not be back in the UFC anytime soon, according to UFC president Dana White.

Speaking with the media after UFC 105, White indicated the heavyweight champion is very ill and will be out of action for the foreseeable future. He went on to state that an interim title match might need to be set up.
White did little to shed light on the specifics of Lesnar's condition, but he did say that the champion has been hospitalized.

"He's in a hospital up in North Dakota somewhere right now," said White. "He went to Canada and some bad stuff happened to him, so we've got to figure it out.

"He doesn't want to talk about it publicly, but he's in bad shape. He's not well and he's not going to be getting well anytime soon."

Lesnar pulled out of his Nov. 18 heavyweight title match with top contender Shane Carwin, and reports suggested he had swine flu. But when rumors began to circle about the rescheduled Jan. 2 date being in jeopardy, it was announced that Lesnar had mononucleosis and could be out even longer than originally thought.

Now, after White's comments, it is apparent that Lesnar is in more dire shape. He is not only suffering from mono but other ailments as well.
"He has other problems too," continued White, fielding a question about his diagnosis of mononucleosis. "He is not good. He is very, very sick and he's going to be out for a while."

White went on to state that the UFC would be doing everything in its power to help Lesnar.

"I am worried about it," said White of his biggest star's medical situation. "You know, I can't really talk about it right now, but he's in rough shape. He's in really bad shape … and we're going to have to do some stuff to take care of this guy. He is not well and he's not getting any better.

"We're going to have to send him to the Mayo Clinic or to Scripps, or one of those really good hospitals to figure out what's wrong with this guy."
Dana White tells TMZ.com that Lesnar may need "major surgery" to correct an ambiguous intestinal disorder.

"There's a possibility Lesnar will never fight again," White said.
  11-22-2009, 05:12 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
here is an update on that

ince Brock Lesnar first pulled out of UFC 106 people have been looking for answers. The more we found out, the more we noticed that Lesnar in much worse health than initially imagined. Lesnar has been living for over a year with a hole in his intestine and he finally had surgery to correct the issue.

UFC commissioner Dana White has said that Brock Lesnar will never fight again. Everytime he is asked the question he responds, "I don't know. We will have to wait and see." Wait no longer.

Brock's longtime friend and Jiu-Jitsu coach, Rodrigo "Comprido" Medeiros, said that Lesnar is "is getting better and that is the most important thing ... He will be fine and be fighting again within six months. I can just say that the heavyweights can stop laughing and get ready to start crying because the champion will be back soon."

Brock Lesnar has yet to release a statement on the situation himself, but his friends seem to be taking a hands on approach. A friend let the media know Lesnar was at home recovering from surgery , and now Comprido is saying Lesnar will in fact fight again.

Everything sounds positive, so let us hope there are no complications during recovery.