Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
ESPN video interview here; http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4842056

Quote:
The Return of the King - Lesnar is Back
Jan-20-2010
By Thomas Gerbasi

After several weeks of tense speculation, UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar ended the waiting today, appearing on ESPN’s SportsCenter to let the world know that he’s returning to the Octagon after a serious bout with diverticulitis.

“Let’s make it clear,” said Lesnar with a smile. “I still am the UFC heavyweight champion.”

Road to Recovery

The 32-year old Lesnar fell ill in October, forcing him to withdraw from his November title defense against Shane Carwin.

“I was just feeling sick for the longest time,” said Lesnar. “My camp wasn’t going well. I missed almost three weeks, I kept going to the doctor and couldn’t find out what the problem was. Finally I said to my trainers, I can’t do this fight.”

Originally diagnosed with Mononucleosis, Lesnar went to Canada on a hunting trip, and his condition worsened.

“I had a lot of stomach pain. One night I woke up and I was in severe shock. I had a 104 degree fever and I felt like I was shot in the guts.”
Returning home, Lesnar was found to have a severe case of diverticulitis. Put on antibiotics and pain medication, Lesnar was able to avoid initial surgery as his body began to heal itself, but after 11 days in the hospital, he had lost 40 pounds.

"It's Just a Miracle"

After a visit to the Mayo Clinic where surgery to remove his colon was recommended, Lesnar still held out hope to avoid the procedure, and after returning to the gym and putting 30 pounds back on, a January 5th checkup revealed that the champion was back to full strength.

“They were dumbfounded,” he said. “They couldn’t find signs of anything wrong with my stomach. It’s just a miracle to me.

Another CT scan on his stomach on Tuesday verified these findings, and as far as continuing his fighting career, there is apparently nothing holding him back.

“I’ve had three or four different opinions and colonoscopies and CT scans,” he said. “There’s literally no sign of anything even existing in there.”

Next in the Octagon

“It’s been a crazy ride,” said UFC President Dana White. “Forget about the career side. He was looking at a different quality of life if he needed this surgery. Basically the doctors said he got a lottery ticket. It’s a miracle.”
And now he’s ready to resume life as UFC heavyweight champion. White pointed out that the UFC 111 bout in March between Carwin and Frank Mir will crown an interim champion who will then hopefully face Lesnar sometime in the summer.

In his most recent bout, at UFC 100 last July, Lesnar (4-1) avenged the lone loss of his pro mixed martial arts career, stopping Mir in the second round.
Some people just don't know when to quit. Maybe his brain will have to be jelly like some of those football players?

Then again, maybe it already is?
  07-15-2010, 10:11 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 179 posts since Sep 2007
Send a message via AIM to tvlover33
What are you talking about? It's not like he's washed up, he's at the top of the heavyweight division in the UFC, he's the heavyweight champion. The guy's a beast in that cage. Before, he had to pull punches and hold back, but now it's all real so he can hit guys as hard as he wants and slam them to the ground as hard and as much as he wants. Dude is kicking ***.

Kind of funny too how he said after his only loss so far that submission is a lousy way to win and then he goes and wins a fight himself by submission. I guess he's grown up some since then.
  07-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Hes' a big boy. Brock's awesome.
They need to get somebody else just as big as he is to challenge him.
  07-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I'm glad we have this forum now.
  07-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
i dont think cain stands a chance against him..
  07-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 707 posts since Jun 2005
He's cool but I want to see him get knocked out.
  07-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
lol lesnar haters. I like him a lot. just cause he is such a dick but backs it up. its cracks me up.
  07-17-2010, 02:54 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 179 posts since Sep 2007
Send a message via AIM to tvlover33
I do too. I just didn't like him for a while because he beat one of my favorites, Frank Mir. But Mir has that repuation for being a dick and talking smack. Problem is, lately, he hasn't usually backed it up. I heard Mir is rematching Rodrigo Noguiera aka Big Nog, who do you guys think wins that one this time. I give the edge to Mir because even though he has good jiu jitsu, he'll probably try to keep the fight on the feet again. I just wish the guy would learn to sprawl to keep off his back so often, he's not getting submissions from on his back anymore. The guy needs to learn to sprawl to defend against takedowns and land some leg kicks to slow down opponents or else he'll keep getting beaten down in the heavyweight division. Too bad he had to get into that motorcycle accident after the one time he was undisputed heavyweight champion, I think he probably would've had about 3-5 title defenses at least if that hadn't happened, what do you guys think?

Oh yeah and did you notice all the WWE guys there after Lesnar beat Carwin. He was shaking hands and hugging guys like Stone Cold, Paul Heyman and Jim Ross and Goldberg were there too. Nice to see WWE guys supporting one of their own. I remember The Undertaker being seen at a UFC event too. He must be a big MMA fan too, since he wears MMA gloves when he performs ever since about 2004 and added the triangle choke as one of his finishers (I think he calls it Hell's Gate).