Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Reality TV: Sports, Gameshows, Non-Fiction

02-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
A few years ago actor Jason David Frank was used to hearing the familiar sound of fans yelling, "Go, go Power Rangers!" but now he's ready to hear the roar of a different crowd.

The former action star from the hit series "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" has officially made the move to mixed martial arts, and while training with UFC lightweight Melvin Guillard, he hopes to make his real fighting experience as successful as he did on television.

Frank signed on with Suckerpunch Entertainment recently and hopes to make his professional debut in the very near future.

"I was supposed to fight in 2007, but it fell through. In truth, I've wanted to put the work in until I'm ready," Frank said in an interview from the Suckerpunch website. "I know I have a target on my back. Everyone is going to want to beat up the Green Ranger. But I am no Kimbo; I've been training for a very long time. I wanted to get in there before, but I got injured. But I'll be ready when the time comes."

The actor-turned-fighter is adding a ground game to what he believes is already an impressive stand-up resume, but he knows it's a long road to not only becoming a mixed martial artist, but a successful mixed martial artist.

"My style was missing the ground fighting. I have my blue belt in BJJ from Gracie Baja now, but we needed to have that ground game integrated into Tose Kune Do. There was a blank there. So we added wrestling, BJJ, etc., to it," Frank said. "Melvin Guillard has really helped add the wrestling. I needed to get with someone who could put it all together for me, and that was Saul Soliz. And he's done it. He's a good, hardcore trainer."

Proud of his time as the Green Ranger on the popular television show, Frank is ready to move onto new goals, and he hopes to conquer MMA the same way he did television.

"Just to go out there and do my best, and prove that I'm a real fighter," Frank said about his goals in MMA. "I'm not looking for any titles specifically. Ultimately, I want to give my fans something to watch and be proud of."

So far he is 1 and 0 in his MMA Career

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQiyv...eature=related
  08-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
How old is this dude?
  08-13-2010, 06:27 AM
Verified Member

Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
37 next month
5-0 So Far
  08-13-2010, 06:28 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
That's cool.
  08-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Verified Member

ive never seen any of them. i was just looking at his Wikipedia info
  08-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I still want to learn a combo of Muay Thai and Krav Maga.
I studied the first one for a couple of years.

I think that'll give one hell of a combo for mid-range and very close-range attacks (and defense), and for both ringed and non-ringed settings.

Someday!