Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

05-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
In a roundtable interview at the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo posted at Think McFly Think, Bruce Timm confirmed the cancellation of several DC direct-to-video projects, including potential sequels to Green Lantern: First Flight and Wonder Woman due to those titles' underperformance in the marketplace. Timm noted that for the latter film, "sales started out extremely slow and then over time were eventually able to catch up to" Justice League: The New Frontier, but the slow sales start scuttled the sequel and any future DTV movies with female leads, including a DTV based on Batgirl: Year One that was in the early stages of development. Timm also confirmed that the adaptation of the Teen Titans "Judas Contract" DTV will not be produced, and that an Aquaman movie with a finished script will not go to production because, "Marketing decided it wasn’t going to be profitable enough to release."

Other topics discussed during the roundtable session include the MPAA rating for Batman: Under the Red Hood; what he thinks of Batman: The Brave and the Bold; the reason why there are no plans to adapt the Batman graphic novels The Long Halloween or Hush; and the potential to return to Batman Beyond.
  05-09-2010, 03:34 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I bet "not profitable enough" = only $1M instead of $2M (or something to that effect).
Sucks. I wanted a GL sequel.

It's a recession. Duh.
  05-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Yeah, the GL sequel is the one I anticipated the most.
Too bad.