05-14-2010, 10:03 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
My Lite-On dvd burner crapped out on me after a lot of usage and I replaced it with another Lite-On burner but now when I use Shrink or Decrypter, it fails because of an I/O error. What is the problem or what am I doing wrong? The burner will play movies fine, I just can't run my copying programs.
  05-18-2010, 08:05 AM

Verified Member

Any advice here
  05-19-2010, 01:30 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Maybe the wire inside went bad, and not that other drive? (IDE or SATA cable)
Is it all correctly plugged in? Maybe try swapping the wire.

Sometimes it's not getting enough power from the power supply. How loaded is the case, and what is the rating of the PSU? Beyond that, what brand/model PSU is it? Some of those cheap ones are really poorly made, even ones claiming to be 500W+ in size.

Then again, maybe it's just a few discs? What are you trying to rip/copy? A copy of a burn you have, or rip some new movie release?
  05-19-2010, 05:16 AM

Verified Member

the old burner won't even recognize that a disc is present, the new one gives I/O read errors.

Its an IDE cable, they are all matched up properly because they will only fit the plugs they were desinged to fit on the back of the burner. Not sure of the power supply size. I do know that I had it replaced once in the past.

It's not the discs. I was trying to rip some season sets as well as some movies, I even tried doing some homebrew stuff and no luck, using Verbatim discs as well.