Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

05-27-2010, 10:30 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
I have a PAL formatted laserdisc and I was wondering if any of you would be able to convert it over to disc (PAL or ntsc is fine)

Also more so geared towards those of you who have been on this forum for a long time and this request not so much for newer members. Will all respect intended it boils down to trust issues
  05-28-2010, 12:22 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
Is there any way you can take a pic of those 'spots' you were talikng about on the disc to see how far this deteriation has progressed. If it hasn't progressed to badly, the quicker you get it transferred the better. If its deteriated to badly, it may not play at all.
  05-29-2010, 05:55 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
ohh it is definitely in bad shape

below is a pic. The flash caused the rainbow colors, but those spots are not digital artifatcs

Name:  xm23qf.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  10.7 KB

full size at http://i48.tinypic.com/xm23qf.jpg

Last edited by lordsmurf; 05-31-2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: image too big -LS
  05-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Wow, I had no idea that there was LD in PAL.
  05-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Most all consumers formats (and pro formats, for that matter) exist in PAL and NTSC,m at least. Many had SECAM, too, back in the day.

I may know somebody that can do a PAL LD transfer, but it's indirectly, a friend of a friend (somebody I've known online for about 7-8 years now). Best I know of. If that is of interest to you, let me know, I'll email him.