Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

08-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Dodge Ball Champion
Stats: 658 posts since Jul 2008
I need help with converting 2 swf files to mpeg for burning to DVD. I've tried a few programs for this and the only one that I've found that works is WinAVI Video Converter. However, the trial version puts a watermark in the center of the video. The videos are less than a minute each and I don't want to pay $30 just to convert these files. Does anyone have the full version of this program and is willing to convert these files for me. I would also be fine with someone using a different program that will convert these videos without loss off quality. If I could just convert these videos, I would be able to finish my Rudy Coby DVD.
  08-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Yeah, I think I have it. I think they sent me a review copy a couple of years back. Not sure if that older version has the ability to convert SWF, but I could surely try.

How big are the SWF files?
  08-07-2010, 01:53 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I would like to know this too.
  08-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
Yeah, I think I have it. I think they sent me a review copy a couple of years back. Not sure if that older version has the ability to convert SWF, but I could surely try.

How big are the SWF files?
They are continuous videos, so you would have to stop them after a short time. Below I listed the size and the conversion times. I added to the conversion times to make sure that the end wouldn't be cut off.

407kb - convert for at least 15 seconds
557kb - convert for at least 20 seconds
  08-08-2010, 12:06 AM

Stick those in a ZIP file, attach to a post.
  08-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Verified Member

Here you go. Thanks!

Attached Files
File Type: zip Rudy Coby.zip (863.0 KB, 38 views)
  08-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Verified Member

Did you find the program? I would still like to have these files converted.
  08-17-2010, 10:58 PM

I thought I replied to this already. Oops.
The SWF files you have contain a lot of non-video data. They don't really convert well for that reason. What you see as the SWF, and what you'll see as a video, just isn't going to be the same.

The shorter one won't even convert correctly.
  08-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Verified Member

I converted both files without a problem using a trial version of WinAVI but it put a watermark in the videos. The videos looked just as good as the swf files except for the watermark.
  08-19-2010, 12:40 PM

My WinAVI is a version or two back, so maybe that was an issue?
I don't have the current one.
  08-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Verified Member

That's probably the problem. Maybe the earlier version didn't work as well as the new one. I still don't want to pay $30 for a program when I don't know if I will use it again after this.
  09-08-2010, 01:51 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
you could also use the trial for swf decomplier. Your files are super small in size and the trial does not put any watermark on it. Using that you could literally extract the video or pictures used to create those swf files
  09-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Verified Member

SWF decomplier only converts to fla and flex format, which doesn't help. Thanks anyway.
  09-08-2010, 11:43 PM

Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigk181 View Post
SWF decomplier only converts to fla and flex format, which doesn't help. Thanks anyway.
actually you would have to click the "export resources" option to get everything and not converted.
I saved you some time. Below are both items decompiled. The video is an flv and some of the images that are shown as videos are still swf but programs will now take them since they are not part of any multi structural file

enjoy---

both files are in the rar file below

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/417985017/RC.rar
  09-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Verified Member

Thanks for all that but I still can't convert the files for burning to DVD. Also, the second part of the video for the file homeContent[1].swf is missing. I'm talking about the part with the headlines. I went through all of the swf files and I couldn't find that one. Out of all the files you sent me, I'm only interested in converting both files named frame1.swf and frame29.swf. I also want the video I mentioned above. I don't know what the .as files are. I want a DVD menu that resembles the home page of www.rudycoby.net. The buttons on the side of the TV in the picture won't do anything on the menu. They would just be there for looks.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I would even be willing to send you a copy of the Rudy Coby DVD for your help, if you want it. Thanks.
  09-10-2010, 12:35 AM

Verified Member

I am still a little confused, I was able to convert everything from the decompiled archives. What exactly are you using (program) to try and convert over to dvd? Do you have flv codecs and such on your pc (ffmpeg is a great install to cover many direct show basics). Have you tried the program SUPER which can do this sort of thing?

I have no idea who this artist is, but the clips you uploaded for Lord Smurf are what I decompiled. Did you upload the correct ones? When I test played these swf clips they seemed to have just looped. One with singing and the other with the screen.
  09-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Verified Member

I tried SUPER and Digital Media Converter Pro 3.0 but neither of them would convert the files.

I don't know why SWF decomplier converted 3 files into several but only a few of them are what I wanted but they wouldn't convert to another format.
  09-17-2010, 07:36 AM

Verified Member

it is because you are not understanding flash format. It can be complex and all of those elements were put together to give you the presentstion you saw. Scripts will control what file (or pieces) play at what time and for how long. You might have been seeing loops/segments and thinking it was one file when it was not.

Also you mentioned pieces. The files you upped were only a few kilobytes in size. Are you sure you upped the correct files? Because what you described was not in the files I could play on my end.

Also SUPER should have been able to convert the swf files I gave you in the archive

you can also try the trial version for convertXtodvd which will make the dvd folders for you as well from whatever file.

However it will not take those full swf, but will take the pieces from the decompile
  09-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Verified Member

Thanks for your help but I'm trading with someone that will help me get WinAVI Video Converter. That program is simpler and I would rather use that.
  01-12-2011, 08:24 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
flash to video convertor professional, which you find on download.com will do the job of converting swf files to video, you would have to pay £20 to remove the watermark, but it does the job. i will be buying it in a weeks time, as need it for the sentai swf files i got that i need to convert.