Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

08-10-2010, 05:51 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Stats: 57 posts since Jun 2009
I've been reading forums for about 30 minutes now. This is funny.

My parents have DISH Network, and my mom emailed this to me about 30 minute ago:

Quote:
Our DISH has gone nuts! We've been receiving foreign stations since before 4:30 a.m. The channels have been from Auckland, So. Africa, China, Japan, Greece, Russia, India, Singapore or some place like that; the languages have been Middle Eastern, Oriental, Russian, Spanish, Indian, French, and others that we can't decipher. I called and the DISH customer service said they were aware of this and that it had happened to more than one satellite. We're only receiving a very few U.S. stations.

We were playing "guess the country" as we went from channel to channel. The guide showed what SHOULD have been on, but some foreign channel would play instead. This happened to almost all the channels. Also, we watched Rugby from South Africa for awhile. This was really the most interesting thing on TV so far this week! One thing we learned is that rugby players are nuts! They don't wear any protective padding. Their legs, heads, and entire body are open to injury. If you ever get a chance to see a rugby game, watch it. It's really interesting.

DISH doesn't know what is causing their problem. I wonder if someone hijacked the satellites. Who knows! Thought you'd be interested.
So instead of Good Morning America, you might find yourself tuning into Achtung Deutchland or Hola y Ariba Mexico!

I know it's early a.m. for many of you, so there's a chance this will be fixed before you even notice.

It's been suggested on a few sites that the Ku band transponders may have some signal mix-up of some kind going on. Others have mentioned they can see the same channels that are known to be on the FTA (free to air) satellite Galaxy 19. Others have mentioned hacking, but I would be surprised -- very surprised.

Too bad I don't have DISH. This would be interesting to view.
  08-11-2010, 02:10 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 657 posts since Jul 2007
Send a message via AIM to jtmovies91
I would love to Auckland channels-I love Lucy Lawless and I would love to see her country-my dream to go to New Zeland