08-14-2010, 03:44 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 657 posts since Jul 2007
Send a message via AIM to jtmovies91
Besides Sprint and Alltel-does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of phone I should get? My ex said he is tired of not being able to call me after 11, my stepfather has to get up at 3:45 for work.
Thanks
  08-15-2010, 05:46 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I would suggest Verizon. All other networks fail at good coverage. To date, I only lose signal along I-30 for about 20 minutes in Arkansas. Aside from that, it's held up well in most of the USA and Canada. Unlike AT&T, Alltel, Sprint, Nextel, few others.

In terms of a phone, just look at what's offered in the store. I don't go for those fancy iPhones, Droids, etc -- I just want a phone. I don't care about TXT messages, etc. Just a phone. Give me something that has a good charge, buttons that are not too small (where I hit 3-4 of them at once because they were designed for teenage girl fingers), and gets a good signal. It needs to be durable, too, not something that shatters like a wine glass if dropped or bumped too hard.

My current phone is an LG. A discontinued model, as I've had it a few years now.
  08-15-2010, 06:58 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 305 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to Joker
Do yourself a favor .... Get an IPHONE !!!
It will be one of the best things you ever bought.

Trust me
  08-15-2010, 06:49 PM

I'd do an iPhone if Verizon could be the carrier AND it included a base number of access minutes at no extra charge per month. Even 15 minutes free per month would make it worthwhile for me.

Who is the iPhone carrier in Canada?
  08-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 305 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to Joker
The Big Three in Canada are Bell Mobility, Rogers and Telus ..... I wish we had Verizon

If you get to use an IPhone you'll fall in love with it, not for the phone but for everything else you can do with it ..... I never was a big phone guy (never will be) but this thing is so much more than a phone.
When they say "There's an app for that ...." there literally is.

And if you're a little adventurous, you can always "jail break" it and free yourself of most of Apple's restrictions.
  08-15-2010, 08:29 PM

Do you end up buying a lot of apps, or using free ones?
I'm actually wanting an iPad, for reading comics (CBZs) and books (PDFs).

No intention of threadjacking this away from jtmovies phone conversation, however.
  08-15-2010, 08:32 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 657 posts since Jul 2007
Send a message via AIM to jtmovies91
well my post was about my ex-he has come back into my life and doesn't like not being able to call after 11 because my stepfather has to get up at 3:45 for work
And to be honest I really only need text-I do not like cell phone anyway i'm starting to like him even less lol