Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
markatisu emailed this to me a few days ago...

I think you get RTV, I know we do (I actually watch it quite a bit since its free over the air HD and shows most of the old shows like A-Team, Knight Rider, etc).

I guess if they will not make any decent Sat morning programming the next best thing is to bring back old Sat morning programming.

Beginning in the fourth quarter, the RTV diginet will feature a new Saturday morning lineup. It's moving its current E/I programming to Monday-Friday, 8-9 a.m. local time (7 a.m. ET for national feed stations) to make room.

While the schedule has not yet been finalized, it will include some of the following shows: Lassie, Rocky & Bullwinkle, He-Man, She-Ra, Casper, Richie Rich, The Archies, Ghostbusters, Fat Albert, Mr. Magoo and The Lone Ranger.

All affiliates will get the same lineup of retro kids shows for the Saturday morning slot. The kids block will be scheduled to air 8 a.m.-noon local time

RTV's Neal Ardman said: "Everyone at RTV is thrilled to bring back Saturday Morning TV with this fantastic lineup of great shows."
  08-16-2010, 06:10 PM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
Yay, its good to see a channel resurrect the Saturday morning cartoon schedule. But aren't most of these series already on DVD?
  08-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
hopefully not stuff that is already out on dvd.

i wish i got rtv.

i want to see harry and the hendersons but seems like they only play it on the Atlanta RTV
  08-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Yeah, a lot of those are on DVD, but it has to start somewhere. I'm reminded of early generation Cartoon Network or Boomerang. They started with safe shows that were on other Turner channels, but branched out to other shows within a year or so. At first it was within their own Hanna-Barbera catalogs, but then moved on to other properties.

I can foresee this maybe moving in the same way? We'll see!

Too bad I don't get RTV.

It's a low-power in my market, meaning a 30-mile radius, and I'm about 45 miles away from the transmission towers.
  08-20-2010, 11:39 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 5 posts since Mar 2006
Cable doesn't provide RTV to me, but, I receive it via Broadcast TV .. in Digital format..
Actually, I receive aprox 32 Channels using an outside antenna with rotor so I can change directions of my antenna. Does anyone know if RTV can be picked up via the Internet?
  09-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
There's a channel called WTOR TV in my area Retro Tv from comcast . I ll have get my mom to upgrade to DVR :P