Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

09-29-2010, 01:39 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
through the Warner Bros archive collection!! It is going to be a 4 disc set

copy and paste from their email:

TELEVISION
After civilization is destroyed by a moon-cracking runaway comet, THUNDARR THE BARBARIAN (1980-82) and his companions, Ookla the Mok and Princess Ariel, journey from village to village, using their wit, wisdom, strength and skill to spread peace and justice across the land. This is the complete animated series presented in a 4-Disc Collection showcasing the work of comic book and animation notables including Jack Kirby, Alex Toth, Steve Gerber, and Mark Evanier.

here is a direct link to the WB store:

http://www.wbshop.com/New-Releases/A...=0910dWACNREml

here is a clip of the set, I think it is time to retire our fan made versions

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Thu...e-Series/14467

Last edited by Tranzor; 09-29-2010 at 12:03 PM.
  10-13-2010, 08:42 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Got this Monday - should have a review posted in a day or two at http://www.superheroes-r-us.com
  10-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Verified Member

Review is up. Great set with one glitch and one featurette missing.

http://www.superheroes-r-us.com/2010...an-dvd-review/
  10-14-2010, 11:45 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
Nice review! Warner would not add that extra because it would then take away potential sales from the saturdy morning disc it is currently part of

I am glad your review went up today. I have (well had) a 25% off coupon for any order in the archive collection. The coupon was only for 3 days and yestruday being the last. I placed the order
  10-18-2010, 07:13 AM
Verified Member

Glad you liked it. Told my Warner rep that Thundarr was the most fun I've had doing a review in a while. I've always got a lot to do, but watching Thundarr again was awesome. Show is still entertaining.
  10-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
thanks for the review. im going to use those episode to make my own set and include the 18min thing that was on the saturday morning cartoons dvd release and use a better menu.