Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

10-20-2010, 02:53 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 621 posts since Jun 2005
Hi LS and others, as i mentioned in an earlier post, i lost all of my a/v equipment in a house fire. i will be trying to replace it in the near future. there are pieces of equipment that i can get easily from websites or stores, but there are other pieces i probably can't get there, especially at a price i can afford. i will be looking for the following:

u-matic video tape deck

beta vcr

multisystem vcr that will play pal & secam

multisystem video converter

reel to reel tape deck

i know i can probably locate these on ebay. if anyone has any of these items in very good condition that they want to get rid of, please let me know. thanks stoogedog
  10-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Try this:

DigitalFAQ.com Marketplace
Have extra video/photo hardware or software that you would like to sell? Connect with potential buyers here. Buy, sell, trade. Individuals only, no store spammers.

I know there's at least a Beta deck for sale right now. Not yet sold.
I believe all the TBCs just sold.
A nice multi-system VCR just sold, too.

While eBay can work, I far prefer to connect with individual sellers on gear like this.
It's just too troublesome to buy used gear off eBay in recent years, so much poor-quality abused gear on there sold "as is" -- or worse, simply lied about when it came to quality descriptions. Not that I'm saying to avoid eBay entirely -- I'm not -- just be careful. My common sense test is to email the seller. Good sellers respond, crap ones do not.
  10-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I have a video clarifier VC 1 whats your opinion of it LS? Stooge I ll snoop around the flea market for you see if I can locate a beta vcr :-)

what about craigslist?
  01-14-2011, 12:27 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 621 posts since Jun 2005
hi, wanted to do an update on my original post. i have now acquired all the items i was looking for except for the following:

multisystem vcr that will play pal & secam

multisystem video converter

if you have either or both at a reasonable price or know where i can acquire them at a reasonable price, please let me know. thanks stoogedog