Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

11-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Knight of Toonplar

Stats: 1,516 posts since Jun 2005
Ok it has had some issues recently now it will not play Normal Retail DVDs... at all I get the immediate stop and will not play it. Now it seems when I put in home made or trades it does the same thing I have to unplug and plug it back in just to get the home made dvd to play. I have tried to reset the unit still the same thing..any recommendation?
  11-07-2010, 03:56 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
You'll want to refer to my huge FAQ on JVC DVD recorder troubleshooting and repair.
It could be a bad drive, but it's probably bad caps -- not too hard to fix.

Direct link: http://www.digitalFAQ.com/forum/show...-dvd-2008.html

Good luck!