Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

12-02-2010, 05:53 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 716 posts since Aug 2007
A match made in heaven!!

My wife got me an early Christmas present. An ipad!! (Yeah she is very cool.) I bought and installed the comic reader app called Comic Zeal and loaded a few scanned comics into it. It is awesome!! The app works great and the screen is so clear and just big enough that you don't have to zoom or anything to read the books. The only thing I'm concerned about is that I only bought the 32gb ipad. I really can't say enough good things about this.
  12-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
No fair! Where's mine!

I want to do the same thing. I'm actually waiting until next year, for the second generation iPad. The current one is a bit heavy. The second gen version is supposed to be carbon fiber or hard plastic resin, instead of aluminum. Thinner, too.

Note that you can jailbreak the iPad, and install "Frash" (Adobe Flash). Just FYI.

... unless another good device with color e-ink and comic sizing comes out. Then I may have to skip an iPad.

Anyway, Merry Christmas.
  12-06-2010, 04:32 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 305 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to Joker
Is "frash" only for ipad?

I need something for my Ipod Touch

Congrats on the Ipad purchase! You're gonna love it.
I bought my Touch last year before the Ipad was released
if i had to do it again today i would definately go Ipad with wifi/3G.

And jailbreak it!!
its awesome getting apps for free.
  12-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
frash for iphone itouch too . you can download off cydia