12-19-2010, 06:45 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
As the title says SyFy has canceled the series. It will air the final episodes at the beginning of the year.
  12-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Dodge Ball Champion
Stats: 658 posts since Jul 2008
That sucks. I liked Stargate Universe. It's not as good as the other 2 series but still good.
  12-24-2010, 05:52 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Yeah, I figured that was coming. The show was slow, dark, and generally nothing really happened. Caprica was canceled for similar reasons, so the writing was already on the wall. It completely lacked the humorous moments and rich stories that made SG-1 last 10 years, and Atlantis (which was honestly canceled prematurely) last for 5 years.

It was fun while it lasted.

FlashForward and Journeyman were both arguably better sci-fi storyline series, and were largely unpopular with audiences for the same reason -- long stores where you never knew what was happening, with lots of sadness and dark stories.

In a recession, people don't want more unhappy thoughts.

It's a wonder that Lost lasted for more than 1-2 years. It was unique, I guess. And ABC, unlike SyFy, is far more protective of their shows, not willing to cancel at the first sign of dislike. (CW is the same way.)

As far as dark and long sci fi, yet energetic and with some wit and wry, look no further than Doctor Who!
  12-25-2010, 01:25 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 910 posts since Jun 2005
producers have not given up on show yet

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/1...ng-sgus-story/

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...04/joker-3.gif
  12-25-2010, 03:54 AM

I think MGM should shop it to the British networks, like Sky or ITV. And then if it's popular, maybe another satellite network (or even a local, like Ion or CW) can pick it up stateside. Syfy isn't the only game in town, and they've basically abandoned science fiction anyway, for their WWE and ghost shows, so it's time to move on.
  06-12-2011, 03:39 AM

According to info from April and May, there will be no Stargate Universe movie, no Stargate Atlantis movie, no more SG-1 (but we all already figured on that didn't we?), and the entire fate of any more Stargate of any kind is unknown. Syfy seems entirely disinterested, the creators/writers seem fed up, and MGM could not afford to continue it even if it wanted to.

Or at least that's what's been said so far from TPTB.

My idea of British TV probably would not work because over in UK, a normal season is 6-8 episodes of 45 minutes, while a "long" season (like Doctor Who) is 13 episodes. So even in that best-fate scenario, it would be a much shorter show.

Oh well, good while it lasted.