Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

12-20-2010, 11:50 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
Using a Dell Inspiron 15: Using DVD Shrink and ConvertXtoDVD, it will run the programs correctly but when it goes into burn mode, it will burn abut 1/2" of data on the disc and just freeze up at around the same place on different discs and files. Using Verbatim media. Its done this on 5 discs already. I've tried rebooting, any suggestions?
  12-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Create VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS folders on the hard drive. Then burn those with ImgBurn. Never use the built-in burning engines for any reason, regardless of software. You're always best served by using dedicated applications for each process.

ImgBurn is freeware: http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
  12-21-2010, 09:42 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
so what's wrong with my burner, I've never had this problem in the past.
  12-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
There may not be anything wrong the burner -- just the software choice.
Burn in a good burning program.

(This does not refer to "shrinking" part of Shrink or the encoding/authoring part of ConvertX -- just the burning function itself. VSO's burning app is known to have errors, and DVD Shrink relies on Nero unless you have the hacked ImgBurn version.)