Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

12-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Stats: 57 posts since Jun 2009
As a follow-up to my review on Superheroe-R-Us.com...
Read it at http://www.superheroes-r-us.com/2010...ed-dvd-review/

... I received this question:
Quote:
hey kpmedia, did your dvd menus contain the warner archive logo on each disc or a picture of the dukes ?
Here are the menus from the brand new December 2010 release:

(main menu)
Name:  dukes-wbshop-mainmenu.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  37.5 KB

(episode selection sub-menu)
Name:  dukes-wbshop-submenu.jpg
Views: 1902
Size:  80.1 KB

And then compare it to a homemade DVD set version:
Name:  dukestoon-menu.jpg
Views: 1692
Size:  44.4 KB

Clearly Warner isn't spending as much time on menu artwork as fans have done, but the quality of the official WB Archives disc art, DVD cases -- and the audio/video of the episodes themselves -- is far, far superior to anything that's currently "out there" amongst collectors.

And feel free to ignore the statement on their site: "This film has been manufactured from the best-quality video master currently available and has not been remastered or restored specifically for this DVD and Digital Download release." Honestly, there's nothing bad that I saw when watching the set for review. I see worse quality from HD channels.

Definitely buy yourself a copy of the Dukes: Warner Archives Collection (wbshop)
At $24.95, it's not bad at all.

So far, this is how all of the Warner Archives have been.

12-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
should use the LS menus with those episodes