Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

08-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp32
I m doing Wicked as gift for a friend. When doing menus for Hi Def Tv . Do I use the standard DWS template? Or do I use something different? Should the video be mp2 or different format?
Note: I'm copying/pasting some PMs into forum posts, so others can discuss and share what they know. For many things, it's best to ask on the forum, not in PMs or emails. This may be an old PM, and you may already have your answers. If nothing else, it's here for posterity, and you can feel free to add your solutions.

Okay...

HDTV doesn't really mean anything. You can make menus as 4:3 or 16:9 for DVD. However, DVDWS2 is limited to standard 4:3 menus. The software can handle 16:9 video content, just not the menus. It wasn't made for that. There may be some workarounds, and I believe I read about those somewhere, but it truly doesn't interest me much. Sounds like a lot of effort for a menu. And let's face it, a menu is just so you can pick what you want to watch. It needs to be nice, but let's not go overkill on it. 4:3 is fine, too.

.mp2 is an extension for MPEG Layer II audio. I'm guessing you really meant MPEG-2 video. Yes, all DVD-Video content (menus or not) has to be MPEG-2. That's the specification of the format.

And there you go granma.
  08-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Okay love. I went with 4:3 . lol I Still need help with Time Squad Case art . Creative block aka Senior moment lol