Stats: 862 posts since Jun 2005
any one know the name of this anime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHV6FQth_Sc
i have been trying but can't come up with a answer

09-03-2011, 05:39 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Wow.... that's a tough one. I like the look of this anime, so I'd like to find out what it is, as well as track down any possible dubs or subs -- I think I'd like to watch it based off what I see here. (Man, that really feels like the pre-Internet 80s-90s era! When you saw anime and judged it based purely on art first, and learned the story later!)

Update this thread if you find out what it is.

I'll be looking and asking around, too. I have some contacts that I can leverage.

This is SD (super deformed, or "chibi") style, too, which I've rarely seen. These are wrestlers, it seems, and at least one of them is in a luchador style costume. It can't be that hard. I'm hitting Google first, with some long tail queries.
  09-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Verified Member

at the 8 second mark it said gamura on the door. i tried with that first but only came up with some manga results of gamura-khan.
  09-03-2011, 08:25 PM

"Gamura" is more of a general word (noun), and not a proper name.

I did exhaustive searches for luchadores, wrestling, chibi, SD, super deformed, anime, classic, and variations and combos thereof in Google and Bing, and I came up empty. Then I sent out about a half dozen requests via email and Facebook. All I can do now is wait.

I'd like to see this show, too. It's really to my taste, in terms of the era and artwork.
  09-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Verified Member

thanks for all your help. didn't know you were a fan of anime at all.
  09-04-2011, 02:11 AM

I like selected anime, yes -- since the early 80s. I've been a Macross fan since Robotech.

In the late 90s, Cartoon Network's anime revival brought in quite a few new shows for me to appreciate, as did 4Kids. Pokemon, Tylor, Gundam Wing, Slayers, Trigun, Kenshin, Big O, Cowboy Bebop, etc. I have probably 100-200 anime discs, usually a dozen or more for each show. I don't like any specific genre (mecha, fantasy, etc). I tend to appreciate funny anime more than anything else.

I have a number of obscure 70s-80s anime movies, too. It's rotten stuff by today's standards of story dialogue, dubbing/subbing quality, animation, etc -- but still worth nostalgic fandom. Lots of stuff used to be at Walmart, on their $1 DVDs.

I used to have indirect connections with people who worked at/for Funimation.
  09-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
You should try to message the youtube account user and ask him.
I had to do that a couple of times.
  10-02-2011, 04:47 PM

The user has already stated he doesn't know what it is.