Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Buy TV: Shopping Deals and Tips

09-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
In case you've not yet heard the news...

Quote:
Dear Customer,

I have big news for Amazon Prime members - we've just signed a deal with FOX to add a broad selection of movies and TV shows to our unlimited instant streaming service later this fall. The new additions from the FOX library include 24, Arrested Development, The X-Files, Ally McBeal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and - available on digital video for the first time - The Wonder Years. We now have deals with CBS, NBCUniversal, Sony, and Warner Bros, and adding FOX will bring the total to more than 11,000 movies and TV shows available for unlimited instant streaming.

Since launching earlier this year, we have now doubled the number of titles available in Prime instant videos, and there's still more to come. Prime membership remains $79 a year, and of course features our unlimited free two-day shipping on millions of products. Prime is one of the best values anywhere.

Prime instant videos can be played on more than 300 HDTVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes.
I may need to consider getting Amazon Prime.
  09-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
if you get it do it with 5 people and add them as family members so you only pay 16$ a person.
  09-28-2011, 02:59 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
anyone here know if the shows can be streamed overseas - eg to UK?

secondly, the show saved onto the computer - is it encrypted? and if so, can the encryption be broken?

thirdly, are the old shows, in HD, being streamed fullscreen or are they being "bordered" to seem to be widescreen?
  09-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
I think USA only and which shows do u want to know exactly?

They are encrypted but I think there is ways to remove it
  09-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
hmm, i think there is a way around - vpn (virtual private networks) - but those can be costly.

i was thinking of getting "cheers" and maybe some other shows & movies.
however, i've seen that when some old tv shows are shown in HD, they seem to be "matted" - black borders on top & bottom - just to make the show seem to be widescreen.

i suppose i have no choice but to sign up for an initial vpn service, try a few shows and see what happens.