Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

10-03-2011, 07:21 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 30 posts since Sep 2011
Hello -

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm trying to track down original broadcasts of classic Halloween specials from the late 1980s/early 1990s with original commercials, in particular It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and Garfield in Disguise (original tile for Garfield's Halloween Adventure). Any other specials from this era would also be appreciated. I've been cataloging what I have lately, so I'd be willing to trade.
  10-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Some of these have official releases. I have many recordings from the 80s, with original commercials, but the audio/video is better on the releases. Buy from Amazon, rent from Netflix (Quickster), trade with others. Or is there something I'm overlooking? (Uncut, unedited, etc?) I've catalogued many, thought not all, of mine.

I know you're after some Winnie the Pooh and Disney blocks. I won't forget this, but I will be slow on that. If you're not in a rush, I'll see what I can do for you. I have some issues of Disney Channel Magazine, too! Those were always fun reads.
  10-04-2011, 07:40 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 30 posts since Sep 2011
Thanks for your help! The main reason I'm looking for the broadcasts from the late 1980s is mainly for the nostalgia factor. There's just something about watching an airing from that time with original commercials that seems more satisfying than watching an official release. It kind of takes me back to that time when I was young and brings back a lot of memories. Even the reduction in quality has its charm, I think.

Lordsmurf - thanks for keeping me in mind about the vintage Disney Channel programming. I'm in no rush and truly appreciate your help. Do you know if some episodes of Avonlea are also available on those VHS tapes? You've been a great help to me ever since I joined the forum, and I'm grateful for that.

Last edited by mcorse01; 10-04-2011 at 07:59 PM.