Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

11-11-2011, 01:15 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 167 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to rockman666 Send a message via AIM to rockman666 Send a message via MSN to rockman666 Send a message via Yahoo to rockman666
Hey everyone. I have what was supposed to be a complete Smurfs set downloaded to my computer however after an attempt to put the set on Blu-ray to have something to watch while waiting for them to be released officially (in other words, waiting for a miracle), I got to a point where the so-called "complete" set is missing season 7 episodes 3 and 4 (Smurf on the wildside parts 3 and 4). Ever single torrent, ever single newsgroup post, etc are all missing the same 2 episodes. If anyone has those in good quality or knows where to get them, please let me know and we can negotiate a trade. I'd be most grateful. Thanks in advance.
  11-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
You're wasting your time anyway.
I just finished buying the official Australian PAL release of the complete Smurfs collection. Box 1 is already here.

I have my own recordings, every episode as NTSC.
I finished just in time to get the official release. That's how it works, right?

Quite a few of the torrents are really horrible unwatchable quality crap.
  11-11-2011, 08:35 PM

Verified Member

Send a message via ICQ to rockman666 Send a message via AIM to rockman666 Send a message via MSN to rockman666 Send a message via Yahoo to rockman666
Too bad they don't release the good stuff in NTSC instead of PAL. Everything I have in PAL looks horrible in comparison......of course, that could be crappy masters being used or production companies not knowing what they are doing. The stuff I downloaded is in excellent quality though from the ones I have watched thus far and I would kinda rather have them on 9 or 10 blu-ray discs than 50 DVDs......definitely a space saver and no difference on the cost. Any chance you are releasing yours on blu-ray?
  11-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I'd actually considered Blu-ray, yes.
  11-12-2011, 05:30 AM

Verified Member

Sweet, I'd definitely be interested in it when you're done. For the time being, I'll watch my copies. My kids seems to like this show so its comforting that they have good taste :-)
  11-23-2011, 09:16 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 241 posts since Jun 2005
My only major complaint about the AU sets is that they've screwed up the intros.

The studio said that they were given the data that way and that they were not allowed to change it but, whoever is responsible, it's ANNOYING to constantly hear what is, IMO, a much poorer opening tune.

I also don't like not having the proper intros in terms of content. They are like mini-episodes (animated & with music) and since not all are included, I do not consider the set complete. I told the studio in AU exactly that and will send a physical letter to Belgium once I'm done inspecting the discs.