12-22-2011, 03:11 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
Julie Newmar, best remembered as playing "Catwoman" in the first 2 seasons (out of three) in the classic Adam West series Batman, had previously starred in her own television series as "Rhoda the Robot" in the 1964 CBS program My Living Doll.

The show, produced by Jack Chertok, didn't last long on the air as it was up against some heavy broadcast competition, notably Bonanza. So it ran for just 26 episodes over the course of a single season.

While the studio hasn't officially announced anything, industry sources have confirmed for us that MPI Home Video is preparing a February 28th release of My Living Doll - The Official Collection, Vol. 1. This 2-disc set will contain 11 episodes plus bonus material in the form of a special Soundtrack Music Collection, and new Interviews with star Julie Newmar, Producer Howard Leeds, Art Director James Hulsey, and more.

i know there are some CPS members who'll be very happy to see this - even if its only 11 episodes.
  12-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I'm all for seeing Julie Newmar.

Indeed, great news.
  04-10-2012, 09:36 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 184 posts since Jun 2005
So glad this finally came out!