Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

02-23-2010, 02:17 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement

A Los Angeles company is touting a new reality game show called “Who Wants to Marry a U.S. Citizen” that aims to create televised matrimony between legal citizens and immigrants who have temporary visas.
The show’s backers at Morusa Media hope to make a sort of love match between reality TV and a national obsession with immigration. But the producers make no promise that a marriage will occur or lead to U.S. citizenship.
Show creator Adrian Martinez said that Morusa Media has not yet found a network to produce or air the show, but he is currently in talks with one cable TV network and already has signed up contestants for six episodes.
“It’s this generation’s ‘Dating Game,’ but with a twist — it aims to show love knows no borders,” Martinez told Reuters.

Bad Dads--had the right intentions-
however as stated in USHEALTH 2008,
The show's premise peeves men's activists, who say it perpetuates the stereotype that men are irresponsible when it comes to child rearing. Ned Holstein, the executive director of the advocacy group Fathers & Families, says: "According to U.S. Census data, noncustodial mothers are 20 percent more likely to default on their child support obligations than noncustodial fathers. There is absolutely no reason to name the show Bad Dads when the average noncustodial father is more likely to pay his child support than the average noncustodial mother." Adds Sacks: "The worst part about Bad Dads is the way it publicly humiliates children of divorce by depicting their fathers as not loving or caring for them. These children did not volunteer to be humiliated on national television."

And last but not least

Heil Honey, I'm Home

In Berlin, 1938, Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun have a love-hate relationship with their Jewish neighbours in this bizarre spoof of 'fifties American sitcoms.
  02-23-2010, 06:37 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 235 posts since Nov 2009
Hmm ... I think I'd actually watch Heil Honey, I'm Home. At least for an episode or two.
  02-25-2010, 11:22 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 211 posts since Dec 2009
Send a message via Yahoo to repeatshistory
Good luck finding Heil Honey, I'm Home. Last person I knew had a copy was JIE3, and he left us all behind awhile back.
  02-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
I have the pilot. That's where Jie got it dear
  03-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 207 posts since Nov 2009
The Hitler one might be kinda funny. I doubt any of them will be as bad as "That 80's Show"