Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

04-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
After a warning from a Brooklyn-based Islamist group, Comedy Central decided to censor last night's episode of South Park over concerns about further offending Muslims by featuring a satirical representation of Mohammed.Following last week's episode, the cartoon-rendering of the prophet appeared with his body obscured by a black box and the name Mohammed was bleeped out, the Associated Press reports. Muslims consider any representation of the founder of their religion to be blasphemous.
Last week's episode depicted the founders of various religions, including Moses, Jesus and Buddha, but did not show Mohammed outright. Instead, he was represented wearing a bear costume, and that angered members of a group calling itself Revolution Muslim. The group posted a warning on its website "that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show." The Dutch filmmaker was murdered in 2004 for his movie questioning Islam's views of women.
"This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them," the group wrote. (The New York Times spoke to one member afterward.)
In last night's episode, Santa Claus appeared when the bear costume was removed and name Mohammed was bleeped.
South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone said it was censored after they delivered it to Comedy Central.
"After we delivered the show, and prior to broadcast, Comedy Central placed numerous additional audio bleeps throughout the episode," South Park creators said in a statement. "We do not have network approval to stream our original version of the show. We will bring you a version of 201 as soon as we can."
A Comedy Central acknowledged to E! that "we went back in and added some bleeps" after the episode came in.
  04-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Jon Daily responded with "go f--k yourself now" on his show:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...-death-threats
  04-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
I love Jon Stewart== and that was great.

I agree that often cartoon studios, and or cartoon writers- push the envelope- lets face it, the rules/regulations on animation is not the same, and many take advantage of it.

And while I also agree, respect should be given, to all things and all people-
ITS A CARTOON.

There has to come a time when we as individuals stop taking things so seriously-
when I think of the topics covered in cartoons, and comic strips, comics, and animated movies- I take them, with a grain of salt- almost automatically.

Maybe its just me, but to kill someone over a difference of view- just boggles my mind--
then again, I guess we as humans have been doing it so long, knowing where to draw the line gets harder and harder, whether it be in black and white, or animated color.

04-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 207 posts since Nov 2009
I like how Jesus stated that Muslims didn't like to see Mohammed in a negative light. then he looks to Budda and he is snorting coke off the table. I was rolling.

Until Muslims relax a little bit they'll always be outcasts.