04-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Academy Award-winning screenwriter and director Bill Condon has been selected to direct the fourth and final chapter of the “Twilight” saga, entitled “Breaking Dawn.”

Condon is best known for writing and directing “Dreamgirls,” “Kinsey” and “Gods and Monsters,” which earned him a Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar in 1999. He was also nominated for the award in 2003 for his “Chicago” screenplay.

“I’m very excited to get the chance to bring the climax of this saga to life on-screen,” Bill Condon said in a Summit Entertainment press release. “As fans of the series know, this is a one-of-a-kind book – and we’re hoping to create an equally unique cinematic experience.”

“Twilight” author (and producer of this film) Stephanie Meyer was equally enthusiastic about Condon’s participation in her vampire love story. She gushed, “I’m so thrilled that Bill wants to work with us. I think he’s going to be a great fit, and I’m excited to see what he does with the material.”

“The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn” is tentatively slated for a TBA 2011 release date and, according to rumor, may be split into two films. The third installment, “Eclipse” hits theaters on June 30.