Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

06-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
This summer's return of 'True Blood', 'Entourage' , 'Rescue Me', 'Mad Men' and 'Weeds' has us excited, but worried. Some of these series are winding down and some kill off characters without warning. What will become of our favorite characters? We've recently lost so many and we still haven't gotten over some losses from the past.

If 'Family Guy' can spin off 'The Cleveland Show' and 'Battlestar Galactica' can birth 'Caprica,' then these 10 (or 11) characters deserve their own spin off series.

(as read in tvguide)

10. Colleen Gavin from 'Rescue Me'
Tommy Gavin and crew return to FX on June 29 for a sixth season. Reportedly, this will be the second to last season with the series finale expected coincide with the 10th anniversary of 9/11. After that, FX needs to give Tommy's wild child daughter Colleen her own show. She can continue to dabble in lesbianism, sleep around, experiment with drugs and attempt to find herself during her early twenties.

9. Wesley Snipes from '30 Rock'
A modern-day Mr. Bean who speaks, Snipes is the most-boring, unluckiest Englishman in New York City ... perhaps the world. His attempts to convince Liz Lemon "to settle" for him are repeatedly rejected, yet he keeps popping up. When asked if he'll be back next season, actor Michael Sheen said, "Wesley Snipes' day is never done." We want a whole series of him tenaciously trying and failing in every aspect of his awkward life.

8. Andy Botwin from 'Weeds'
The sixth season of 'Weeds' s premieres Aug. 16 and will likely be its last. We can accept letting the rest of the Botwin family go, they've had a longer run than expected, but not Andy. He needs to ditch the "family baggage" and start drifting once again in his own series. Each episode can be in a new place, with Andy meeting interesting new guest stars and ultimately screwing them over.

7. Joan Holloway from 'Mad Men'

Nine out of 10 'Mad Men' viewers agree, the only thing wrong with the show is not enough of Joan. Smart, saucy, and curvaciously sexy, she is like no other female on TV today ... or ever. In her own series, she could ditch her no good husband, leave New York and become a nightclub singer in London. There we can see the rise of rock 'n' roll, 'Swinging London' and the height of Beatlemania.

6. Turtle from 'Entourage'
The seventh season of 'Entourage' will begin June 27. Executive producer Mark Wahlberg already confirmed that after this season, there will only be six more episodes of the series left. That means it's time for Turtle to stop being a lackey in LA and move back to where he's king in Queens, New York. It's time for a series where actor Jerry Ferrara stops playing the lovable loser and wins some.

5. Omar Little from 'The Wire'
Arguably one of the best characters to ever grace the small screen, Little sadly died in the final season of 'The Wire.' However, we would love to see Omar Little's life before the events of HBO's hit drama. A brief prequel released before season 5 shows a young Omar with his trademark intelligence, morality and facial scar robbing a man. But how did he get the scar? How did he become a feared ghetto Robin Hood? When did he fall in love with shotguns?

4. GOB, 'Arrested Development'
While the promised 'Arrested Development' movie continues to limp along, there is no reason fans should continue to suffer without Will Arnett consistently on TV. The premise of GOB's own series is simple: he moves to Las Vegas to do his magic act on The Strip. Of course, he continually fails and starts dating a goodhearted prostitute. The thing practically writes itself.

3. Lafayette Reynolds from 'True Blood'
After the exciting beginning of 'True Blood's' third season, we don't want any of our favorite characters to leave. However, after reading the books that the series is based on, we have to accept that our favorite flamboyant cook Lafayette may not be with us forever. Listen, HBO, just turn him into a vampire and set a series around him in New Orleans.

2. Eric Northman from 'True Blood'
We'll admit there may already be too many vampire series on TV, especially if our 'Gay Vampire in New Orleans' gets picked up. However, there are no time period vampire series. The 1000-year old vampire sheriff, Eric Northman, would be interesting in any century.

1. Miles and Sawyer from 'Lost'
Listen, Lost-heads, we don't care if it fits the 'Lost' universe's story line or not, but we want Miles and Sawyer to star as cops in their own crime drama. Miles will talk to dead people while Sawyer uses his criminal mind for good. It will be a hit, full of snappy one-liners and sarcasm.
  06-21-2010, 07:11 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 657 posts since Jul 2007
Send a message via AIM to jtmovies91
I vote for Karen and Jack from Will & Grace. My sister and I used to joke about that all the time, I would watch it.
  06-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 32 posts since Dec 2006
I say Roger from American Dad. When the show ends, He should go back to his home planet and do a Joey style spin-off (only more sucessful).
  06-24-2010, 03:02 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
I think Brian, or Stewie would have been better canidates for a Family guy spin off-
but in the current shows I watch, I have to say I could see a few going their own way

1- Peter and Walter Bishop from Fringe....I could see that..

2-- and in keeping with the type of "the fearing mind"
I could see Rick Castle, from Castle, on his own kind of...murder he wrote show.
  06-25-2010, 03:18 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 179 posts since Nov 2009
I like the LOST idea