Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

06-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Criminal Minds‘ fans can find some solace – some – in the fact that they have not seen the last of JJ Jareau. Still, the fact remains that longtime cast member A.J. Cook’s days with the hit CBS procedural are numbered. And that number is two. “Thanks for your undying support but it’s a done deal,” Cook shared on Twitter, confirming her release from the show. “I’ll be doing 2 eps to wrap up JJ['s storyline].”
Cast mate Paget Brewster, on the flip side, reportedly has dodged a bullet that would have slashed her screen time for the coming season. Instead, she is set to appear in at least 10 out of the first 13 episodes, says Deadline.com – and a similar proportion of the remainder of the season.
So shocked were ‘Minds’ fans by the show’s decision to not pick up Cook’s option for the coming season and possibly reduce the episode count for Brewster that an online petition was started to illustrate the support the ladies have.
Alas, more than 42,000 signatures were not enough to change CBS’ mind about Cook/JJ. Instead, a new female regular will be added midseason, as part of a “creative” decision designed to freshen up the series.
  07-07-2010, 02:30 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 13 posts since Jul 2010
I don't care that much for A.J.Cook's character on the show, but Paget Brewster is a keeper!