07-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
The eighth (and last) Harry Potter flick wrapped production earlier this month, and the young stars all have post-Hogwarts plans. They are actors, after all.
At least one has been making good money standing still and looking hot for Burberry, and you should be able to catch them all on the big screen, bearing props that are definitely not wands:
<!-- internal videos / html on top --> <!-- external videos / html on top --> <!-- audio player --> <!-- gallery preview--> <!-- custom polls --> <!-- movie review grade wrapper (can't think of a better way to do this) --> <!-- movie review grade --> For example, the lead actor in all eight of the Harry Potter movies, Daniel Radcliffe, is attached to do a war picture that does not involve Death Eaters but rather, simply, death. He's signed on to play the lead, Paul Baumer, in a remake of the World War I picture All's Quiet on the Western Front. ("Daniel brings a vulnerability and innocence to Paul," producer Ian Stokell told Variety last month.)
The last time the movie was made, it was in 1930, and it won Best Picture, and even portkeys hadn't been invented yet, and I'll try to stop now.
Onward to Emma Watson aka Hermione Granger.
The final Potter film recently wrapped filming, and she has no movie projects officially announced. Then again, she doesn't need any, given that she, along with fellow actor Rupert Grint reportedly earned $30 million—apiece—for their appearances in the two-part Potter finale, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. (Radcliffe got $40 million, plus $1 million for his image on merchandise, according to Vanity Fair.)
Right now, Watson has told interviewers, she wants to concentrate on the student life, hence no new flicks, at least, not right now.
That isn't to say she hasn't eyeballed some scripts.
"The scripts all have happy endings, they're really badly written and they are sending them to an English literature student," she complained to London's Daily Mail.
Now let's talk Rupert Grint. You know, Ron Weasley.
While Radcliffe will be slogging through the Battle of Verdun, Grint will be leaping in the snow in an upcoming comedy currently in pre-production. Dubbed Eddie the Eagle, the comedy tells the true story of England's first contender for an Olympic ski jumping title. It's in pre-production.
That may not sound like much, relatively, but Grint may end up with the biggest career out of the three. Why? Get this: Martin Scorsese really, really likes him.
"I thought he was great in the Harry Potter movies—in a lot of scenes, the boy stole the show," the director told the London Guardian. "I would be very interested in working with him. I would have no issues in casting him as a gangster. He is a very talented young man."
Scorsese even—get this—compared Grint to a serious A-lister.
"When [Leo DiCaprio] was in Romeo and Juliet, nobody saw him becoming a badass in movies like The Departed. But he has become one of the greatest actors of all time. The very same could be true for Rupert."
The ladies seem to love some Tom Felton, so we'll throw him in here, too. Once he hangs up his Death-Eater get-up, the onetime Draco Malfoy will debut a horror flick already in the can.
It's called The Apparition, something about a college experiment gone horribly wrong, but it's Tom Felton, so I don't need to really tell you too much more, now, do I?