Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

08-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
It’s been less than two years since the dramatic end to The Shield. So far, there aren’t any plans for a Shield movie but executive producer Shawn Ryan has prepared an unofficial reunion. On the last episode of Lie to Me, Ryan brought several castmembers back together on a special episode. He tells TV Guide that he was looking for a way to bring some of the actors on in guest roles. Then he thought, “Why am I looking to just get one or two of them if I could maybe get more?”
In the Lie to Me episode, Charlie and Faye Sheridan (Benito Martinez, Catherine Dent) are a married couple whose son was murdered 17 years ago. The couple joins Lightman (Tim Roth) and Zoe (Jennifer Beals) to witness the execution of the murderer (David Marciano) and Lightman suspects that they’re watching the wrong man die. The Sheridans are targeted once again and Lightman turns to the executed man’s younger brother (David Rees Snell) and ex-girlfriend (Cathy Cahlin Ryan) for answers. Soon after, a mysterious photographer (Kenny Johnson) becomes the key suspect.
Ryan notes, “It’s just a fun alternate universe with all these people you’re accustomed to seeing in a certain environment… It was different, but I think everyone was just really happy to see one another again. I think it meant more on a personal level even than a professional level. We had a very tight-knit group on that show, so to be able to reunite… was very nice.”