08-31-2010, 10:17 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 324 posts since Nov 2009
David Letterman has had his own show for 30 years now. Time to allow somebody else to have a crack at it.

Letterman's affair was utterly disgraceful, especially since he called his mistress on air quite frequently, and their conversations were never funny or interesting to the audience. He just did so she could get some fame.

Letterman does not seem to enjoy his job. There are numerous reports about him not wanting the guests to get close to him. He is in the wrong profession.

Furthermore, Letterman's numerous idiosyncracies are extremely annoying. "uh, thank you very much ladies and gentleman." x 100.

The David Letterman of the 70's and 80's seemed like a really funny guy, but Letterman is somebody that has overstayed his welcome. Time to call it a career.
  08-31-2010, 10:51 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 26 posts since Jul 2010
I agree. What made Letterman a good late night host was that he was the best interviewer (better than Leno or Conan). He was the funniest with the guests. Leno and Conan were much funnier in their monologues and their skits, while Letterman knew how to interact with the guests the best, and that's where he was his funniest.
But Letterman seems to be burned out and just running on fumes these days. Its like he's just showing up to get his paycheck and not giving it his all. As a result, Leno is kicking his behind. Leno puts in the work, and it shows. He's the least "naturally talented" guy perhaps in the history of late night TV, yet he more than makes up for it by working his tail off. With interviews he stinks, but he's great with his monologue and opening skits and the like. He manages to really put together a solid product.
Letterman is washed up. Plain and Simple.
  09-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Strangely enough, I've only just started liking Letterman's show. But my favorite late-night host is Fallon. I like his enthusiasm. He always seems like he's really interested in his guests, which is a rare trait in a talk-show host.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  09-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 324 posts since Nov 2009
Fallon shouldn't even have got that job. He shouldn't have got his SNL gig either, he was not the least bit funny, and did nothing but laugh at his own "jokes". I think the only reason he keeps getting jobs at NBC is because of his good looks.
  09-07-2010, 02:28 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 101 posts since Nov 2009
leno and lettermen both need to go
give conan the tonight show that he earned and was doing well at
give craig fergusion the late show and he will do letterman proud