01-16-2011, 07:11 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 235 posts since Nov 2009
I'm wondering if anyone else uses MagicDVDRipper out there. I've been using it for about four or five years with no problem when suddenly yesterday morning I started it up and suddenly the entire program was considered a virus by AVGFree.

I thought it was some sort of a fluke, but it's given me the same warning (and isolated the files so I no longer have access to them). So I figured I'd try to install a newer version. It's been about three computers and two ISPs since I had bought the program, so I had to download a free trial. I had to use a registration code I found online, as I no longer have any of my registration info (at least, I can't find it in my emails anywhere), but that just brought up a completely different error.

I've been using the same version/same program of MagicDVDRipper for years. Any idea why it would suddenly be a virus? And any ideas on options for a replacement? I usually turn most of my incoming DVDs into AVIs, as I have a DIVX-capable stand-alone and don't have the space. I'm also unemployed right now, so I don't have a lot of money to spend.

Any help would be most appreciated!

--Rich