01-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Keith Olbermann is abruptly leaving MSNBC. The network announced that Friday's night's 'Countdown' show will be Olbermann's last.

This past November the primetime host was suspended "indefinitely" from MSNBC. Olbermann contributed to the campaigns of three Democratic candidates during election season, including Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.

Shortly after Olbermann's suspension, the host was welcomed back to MSNBC. He demanded an apology from the network before returning to his position.
His abrupt departure from MSNBC comes without explanation. "In the mundane world television goodbyes, reality is laughably uncooperative," Olbermann said. He thanked viewers for keeping him on the air for eight years.

The network released a statement, saying, "MSNBC thanks Keith for his integral role in MSNBC's success and we wish him well in his future endeavors."

Lawrence O'Donnell, who hosts a show on the network at 10:00 PM, will fill Olbermann's 8:00 PM slot beginning Monday.
  01-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
I think Keith's been through a lot lately, including losing his father. But the thing about the campaign contributions was apparently especially galling since MSNBC hasn't consistently bothered to do anything about people making contributions.

I thought it was really nice, though, on Monday, when both Lawrence O'Donnell and Rachel Maddow spent some serious time on each of their shows, both marking Keith's departure, and talking about the opportunities that Keith had afforded them both. So different from the departure of Rick Sanchez from CNN - it was as thought he'd never been there.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  01-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 207 posts since Nov 2009
I'm a huge Olbermann fan. The guy was intelligent, funny and passionate. I'm not sadened by his depature though. MSNBC has a great line-up and I expect Keith will land somewhere else with a big splash!!! I would love to see him on before Conan.
  05-31-2011, 12:29 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Keith returns to TV on June 20, on Current, with Countdown. He's already doing Worst Person of Day vlogs on the Current web site. Cannot wait! I've got Current on my DISH, but my Mom watches Comcast, so I'll be upgrading her package so she can watch it too.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  05-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 207 posts since Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by debwalsh View Post
Keith returns to TV on June 20, on Current, with Countdown. He's already doing Worst Person of Day vlogs on the Current web site. Cannot wait! I've got Current on my DISH, but my Mom watches Comcast, so I'll be upgrading her package so she can watch it too.
Channel 135 on Warner Cable. I have been watching his blogs, I also have been trying to watch CurrentTV.... Wow, what horrible programming.

I'm anxious to see what CurrentTV will look like. Keith has broad powers over programming. The more liberal vocies the better. I would love to see Gore have a 30 minute environmental show every week.

Good times!!aacaac