Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

02-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Today, Sony Pictures simultaneously announced the title of the upcoming Spider-Man reboot (now called 'The Amazing Spider-Man') while releasing a brand-new image of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man. After several on-set images of Spider-Man in costume leaked, this first image of the full Spider-Man costume (mask on and all) looks pretty good.

Obviously the studio had been paying attention to all the chatter following the release of the last photo, using this one to come right out and say, "Yes, this version of Spider-Man will have web-shooters." Said shooters are the clear highlight of the image, which features Spidey crouched down, about to spit some webs out from his (we assume) homemade device, which was absent from Sam Raimi's trilogy because the director didn't think a teenager would be smart enough to piece something like that together.
Meanwhile, Spidey fans are already familiar with the title since it comes right from the comics, the first of which -- titled 'The Amazing Spider-Man' -- was launched back in March of 1963. Check out a larger image after the jump, and let us know what you think of both the new look and the new title.

'The Amazing Spider-Man' was filmed entirely in 3-D and will hit theaters July 3, 2012. Get more about the film from Moviefone.

In less positive 'Spidey' news, the Broadway show about the superhero was drubbed last week by top theater critics, well before the official March 15 opening.